Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Bet you weren't even at the game...
    Even if he was at the game, 123ABC is what he is......

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Bet you weren't even at the game...
    Unless he's missing multiple digits on his hands and toes there's no way you'd have to guess if you sat 4 to 5 rows in front of the bench. It's one or the other eh. My guess is he got stuck at child birth and didn't get enough oxygen for 4 to 5 minutes eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Does anyone know who drives the bus wrapped in NDSU graphics with a Pioneer Seed logo on the back? I'm guessing they blew a tire on I-94 as there was a big chunk of rubber in the road and then the bus was over on the shoulder right after that.
    Not sure whose bus this is (maybe NDSU's?), but I heard that the true freshmen (those who didn't dress) rode down on this bus. They had a flat tire along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    It fun to see a good thread on Bisonville.....this is almost like old times.

Also, great to see some old time posters on the board. Maybe, just maybe interest in the Bison is rebounding? I sure hope so.

As for the game, Kopp is already a stud. We saw him flash last year, and he is the real deal. Little bit of Travis Beck insanity, but bigger. He is going to be a problem for other teams. The move of Cole W. to safety is also looking great. I'm not going to coronate him yet, mainly as I'm still mad he did not pitch the INT back like Heagle.

Folks, Cam is Cam. Best you can hope for is Brock J. level play. Can he get there? I hope so, but I also fully support giving Cole full series like they did to see if he can actually lead a drive down the field that is not all him running the ball. Upside is higher, but we has to get better throwing. Until he does, we have to ride Cam. He need to get the ball out quicker. Note the 2 seam throws on the sideline to Mathis. (btw, has to be his favorite throw; hit that many times last year) First, was on time, Mathis has easy step out without getting drilled. Second, was late, Mathis makes a great catch, and i nearly cut in half.....

I'm cautiously optimistic at this point. Playing a solid running team will tell us a lot more. Folks, EWU had some dudes on offense, and we shut them down pretty well.

Finally, I agree with Kevin; Brock was down.
    I have seen enough of Cole, and I don't think the upside is higher. Cam is just plain and simple a better passer.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I have seen enough of Cole, and I don't think the upside is higher. Cam is just plain and simple a better passer.
    not a great football mind bro

or any other kind of mind for that matter

just kinda existin in the ether

making bad posts
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    not a great football mind bro

or any other kind of mind for that matter

just kinda existin in the ether

making bad posts
    True words.

Back to bad posts/hot takes...I was concerned with Cole when he made the bad pass against SDSU last year. This last game confirmed my belief that he is not ready for the passing game.

Really not trying to dump on Cam but that says a lot about our QB room and the level of play we can expect in tough games. Not every team will be as stupid as IWU to turn all their DB backs to the line on every "passing" play.

I haven't seen anything from Cole that tells me he can pass the ball, I've seen plenty that says he can't BUT I would still like to see if he can get into a rhythm if given the opportunity to throw 10-12 passes in a game.

It is painfully obvious he is the better athlete by leaps and bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    It fun to see a good thread on Bisonville.....this is almost like old times.

Also, great to see some old time posters on the board. Maybe, just maybe interest in the Bison is rebounding? I sure hope so.

As for the game, Kopp is already a stud. We saw him flash last year, and he is the real deal. Little bit of Travis Beck insanity, but bigger. He is going to be a problem for other teams. The move of Cole W. to safety is also looking great. I'm not going to coronate him yet, mainly as I'm still mad he did not pitch the INT back like Heagle.

Folks, Cam is Cam. Best you can hope for is Brock J. level play. Can he get there? I hope so, but I also fully support giving Cole full series like they did to see if he can actually lead a drive down the field that is not all him running the ball. Upside is higher, but we has to get better throwing. Until he does, we have to ride Cam. He need to get the ball out quicker. Note the 2 seam throws on the sideline to Mathis. (btw, has to be his favorite throw; hit that many times last year) First, was on time, Mathis has easy step out without getting drilled. Second, was late, Mathis makes a great catch, and i nearly cut in half.....

I'm cautiously optimistic at this point. Playing a solid running team will tell us a lot more. Folks, EWU had some dudes on offense, and we shut them down pretty well.

Finally, I agree with Kevin; Brock was down.
    On some of those later throws a bit downfield it also looks like it takes him time to wind up and seems like he has to throw so hard to get it 25-30 yards. It definitely does not look effortless like we have been spoiled with in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Really not trying to dump on Cam but that says a lot about our QB room and the level of play we can expect in tough games. Not every team will be as stupid as IWU to turn all their DB backs to the line on every "passing" play.

I haven't seen anything from Cole that tells me he can pass the ball, I've seen plenty that says he can't BUT I would still like to see if he can get into a rhythm if given the opportunity to throw 10-12 passes in a game.

It is painfully obvious he is the better athlete by leaps and bounds.
    As far as running, absolutely. Completely flipped when throwing the ball. I do agree the sample size is small...but I also think the passing in practice is what has kept that sample size so small during games. I would love to be proven wrong.

I agree with you. Pretty sure the coaches have seen enough of Cole in practice to know who's better. It's not hard to see IMO.