Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Cam is so much better as a qb when he doesn’t have to also worry about being a RB. Second half showed that to me. Strommer10 said it after the game, a good OC calls plays that make his players look better, not worse than they actually are. Roehl called a good game other than all the QB designed runs. Let Cam cook. If you’re just going to call read option every 3rd or 4th and short, could you at least just put the fast QB in?

Cam missed 3 or 4 wide open deep receivers on the first few drives. People in our section couldn’t believe it. Hopefully fixable. Otherwise good game and great second half.

Much improved defensive play. Loved to see it. Secondary really settled in after a shaky start. One poster said we were in good position but unaware of the ball. I agree, hopefully also correctable.

Y’all miss me with the “but we scored 35” stuff. That was a bottom half big sky team. I expect us to perform (just as we all pay and donate) at the level of a top-level G5 school. 35-7 was about what we should be expecting out of our program in this game. That means you’re going to have areas of praise and areas for improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Cam's stat line is very Camesque. 17-24 170-something and the td's. Nice running TD as well. Pretty damn good QB bros. If not for the fact that he came behind like five back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back GOAT candidates (we'll pretend Mertens/Jose didn't exist sorry lakes) we'd probably be over the moon.

But honestly if the games on the line, Arizona style, and you have one drive to get'r'done where would you rank Cam in that mix? You get Walker, Jensen, Wentz, Stick, Lance or Miller to lead that drive. Who you taking 1-5? I can tell you Cam's last on that list for me at this point.

And when I think about why it's not efficiency, it's not even necessarily confidence kid plays like he's got a chip on his shoulder. It's really just the playbook.

And no, I'm not going to shit on Roehl in this post. I have six others queued up for that. But I'm wondering is Cam still limited because Roehl is limited or is it because he just can't make the throws those other guys could?

If I could force feed heffy some adderall i'd heat map every pass he's ever thrown but I bet it'd light up like a christmas tree on the sidelines and in the flat. Have we ever seen Cam uncork a deep post route? Why does it seem like WR's are coming back on every single catch or sitting in a soft spot on the zone? Have you ever seen a WR catch an over the shoulder pass from the guy?

I think if teams figure out how to shut down those parts of the field he really struggles. And that's scary for tough games.

I could also be over analyzing because I took all the adderall intended for the heat mapping.

Either way I'm glad the kids our QB.
    Here is some sample visual data

Don't believe everything you think.

Would like to see a play using our two fine QB's like the Huskers used against the Gophers on Thursday.

Cam lines up under center with Cole off his left shoulder at RB. On the snap Cam hands off or better, pitches to Cole who is running to the left while Cam peels back to the right side. Cole pulls up and throws back to Cam who then throws to the WR down the left sideline who has been abandoned by the safety coming up for run support on Cole.

TD.

We could run this out of Kev's 12 man setup.

Have we done a headcount to make sure everyone made it out of there OK? Might be some still holed up in their hotels I suppose.

I thought Cam played well overall. I thought Cole ran really well, but looked very rough in his limited dropbacks.

For Cam* IMO:
    Negatives: He missed a few layups, didn't work through his progressions, and struggled on designed runs. Nothing new there.

Positives: His accuracy was better overall, including a couple layered throws to Mathis that were perfect. He looked more comfortable taking the intermediate to deep-ish throws and they were a lot better than last year. He also distributed the ball around to his receivers/TEs very well.

Roll Herd
    Last edited by Big Bird; 09-03-2023 at 02:55 PM.

I thought our defense looked to be getting their aggressive swarmyness back. Was lacking last year.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Have we done a headcount to make sure everyone made it out of there OK? Might be some still holed up in their hotels I suppose.
    my kids said "what's that smell?" about 5 times. Mary J's Crack Body Odor from the "fellas" in the grassy area west of stadium. some shootings on the north side of mpls and a poor 11 yr old girl drowned on lake Nokomis which is horrible!!

other than those pretty quiet . most trouble makers were at the mn state fair it sounds like
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern Washington was a bad team. Their QB sucks. He cannot throw a decent pass without hitting our defenders hand.

We had a bunch of new defensive players and a new defensive coordinator, and we gave up one touchdown. Thats a good start.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Eastern Washington was a bad team. Their QB sucks. He cannot throw a decent pass without hitting our defenders hand.
    Huh. Evidently the braille version of the broadcast differed slightly from the in-person view. But, yeah, EWU != SDSU.