Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default EWU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

1) Offensive playcalling still offensive. Yet the first drives of the half are always great because I'm assuming they're scripted. Who's scripting the plays bro? If anyone is helping Roehl with that process they should probably be considered for full time playcaller. And no, it's not me. They won't even read my emails anymore since the restraining order.
    2) Cam looks great when he's allowed to be Cam and not forced into trying to square peg a round hole. Let the guy run when he wants to. No more designed runs. Let him cook.
    3) CP is going to be a great asset this year. Even though teams will get zeroed in on what's coming when he enters the game like it was with Quincy but if they can't stop it, it doesn't matter.
    4) Defense looked solid. A few growing pains but tackling and overall discipline seemed much better. Love seeing some qb pressure finally as well. Cole had a terrific game, even with the pick six drop.
    5) Williams look like a 3 down back. Love it. Hope we don't go by committee again. Let TK come in as needed. Save a year for Kpeenu.
    6) Entz's 50 year old chain smoking Karen voice will never not make me laugh.
    7) Lakes is a great football mind u guys should be nicer to him in the GDT's.
    8) What happened to the GDT thread guy? Heffy is 1-0 now, new streak.
    9) SDSU is going to killllll us. Glad we have a lot time to get better before we have to play them.
    10) Are we in the AAC yet?
    11) No more games in MPLS pls.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

EWU is bad, bros.

Like Big Sky bad bad.

Also, Brock Jensen was down.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    1) Offensive playcalling still offensive. Yet the first drives of the half are always great because I'm assuming they're scripted. Who's scripting the plays bro? If anyone is helping Roehl with that process they should probably be considered for full time playcaller. And no, it's not me. They won't even read my emails anymore since the restraining order.
    2) Cam looks great when he's allowed to be Cam and not forced into trying to square peg a round hole. Let the guy run when he wants to. No more designed runs. Let him cook.
    3) CP is going to be a great asset this year. Even though teams will get zeroed in on what's coming when he enters the game like it was with Quincy but if they can't stop it, it doesn't matter.
    4) Defense looked solid. A few growing pains but tackling and overall discipline seemed much better. Love seeing some qb pressure finally as well. Cole had a terrific game, even with the pick six drop.
    5) Williams look like a 3 down back. Love it. Hope we don't go by committee again. Let TK come in as needed. Save a year for Kpeenu.
    6) Entz's 50 year old chain smoking Karen voice will never not make me laugh.
    7) Lakes is a great football mind u guys should be nicer to him in the GDT's.
    8) What happened to the GDT thread guy? Heffy is 1-0 now, new streak.
    9) SDSU is going to killllll us. Glad we have a lot time to get better before we have to play them.
    10) Are we in the AAC yet?
    11) No more games in MPLS pls.
    I’m here to serve, guys. It’s a new era. Together we can make it a good one.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

also what happen to stumplifter in hand guy? i dont care what anybody sez i love mad entz minds me of a old ball coach from the past a guy by the name of woody hayes--------yea, i said it

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cam Miller 18-25, 250+ total yards
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

I liked how our defense played. Better tackling, for sure. D-line was solid. Secondary was better than expected.

Will be interesting to see how we do against a physical running team.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Not much to complain about for first game. Defense held up better than I thought. Will know more how we compare to SDSU after a few more games.

Defense looked improved and played fast. Front 7 seemed quick. Wiesniewski and Kopp were impressive. We know we can stop passing teams but can we stop a power running game? TBD

I actually liked the offense. Take a way the 3rd and 4th and shorts and it was something to build on and it will pay dividends later in the year.

Cam quietly looked really solid but would have looked great with some better reads on the read option. Cole is as good running the ball as Quincey Patterson but he needs more reps. But he's so explosive, we gotta find a way to get him on the field. Too talented. How about the delta?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

7 different guys caught passes today. Cam was efficient and he's best running when it's his decision instead of designed runs.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Moderately encouraged. Yes, it was a weaker EWU, but the younger defensive backfield showed some sparks. Liked the offensive tempo, which allows for more scoring opportunities. Liked the offensive weapons we saw, and got what I expected from our QBs.

Congrats to Entz on his 50th Bison win.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)