Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    He is 10-18 in his career. There isn’t a sample size. It’s 100% based on judgment at this point. Not saying your thought is incorrect, but there isn’t anything to make an eye based judgement on.
    that's like 73% bro that's pretty good Thomas Bradyesque
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Just an FYI that I haven't seen posted here yet, but Tyler Roehl's mom passed away Sunday.

https://www.inforum.com/obituaries/o...3d7c38ab35be9e

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Just an FYI that I haven't seen posted here yet, but Tyler Roehl's mom passed away Sunday.

Very few things in life that are harder. Praying for the Roehl family.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post

Praying this Noble lady reaches haven soon.

This looks like a good play from the EWU game.
    What would this pattern be called?

https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...033637048?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    This looks like a good play from the EWU game.
    What would this pattern be called?

https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...033637048?s=20
    I don’t know but it looked like his second or third read. He wanted to go out to the left flat. That was a fine pass. Let’s call it “Money”.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Finally got time to watch this:

Play 1: Running an improvised scramble. This is the kind of running I mentioned. It’s when he’s actually effective with his legs.

Play 2: Either an out or a comeback route. Exactly what I was referring to in my post.

Play 3: Designed QB run. 3rd and Quincy style.

Play 4: Beautiful throw on the run but again, wide receiver out pattern.

Play 5: Back shoulder throw, receiver had to stop and sit in the zone.

Play 7: Improvised run.

Play 8: Out route to the flat.

Play 9: Improvised comeback route.

Play 10: Slant?

Play 11: Great throw, hit him in the hands on the fly.

Play 12: Great throw again, fly route and nearly over the shoulder.

Play 13: Not sure why this is a Cam highlight. Swing pass to flat to the bus for a TD.

Looks like 1, maybe 2 of the 13 plays contradicts my point that all we let him throw is comebacks, outs and receivers sitting down the zones.

Only question I have is he limited by his arm or by TR? I'm not sure we'll get an answer but I don't have the faith that he can stretch the field in crunch time like the other five guys I mentioned.
    My sarcasm detector came up empty on this post so I am somewhat flustered. Oh well, I too shared your view that Cam only throws short to medium routes. Just to validate I went in search of some evidence and that YT popped up right away. Not much data there but as you say there are 1 or 2 throws there that hint he is capable of deeper throws. There were a couple last weekend that went between the hashes with a fair bit of zip on them to my eye. I bet if we went shopping on YT for some C Wat hightlights we might find more evidence of deeper capabilities. I mean, SOMEBODY was chucking balls to CW prior to the draft, but maybe they were all short.

I’m with you in lack of faith in crunch time deep game. Same question too. Cam? TR? RH? Receiving corps? How much would a C Wat change the picture?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    He is 10-18 in his career. There isn’t a sample size. It’s 100% based on judgment at this point. Not saying your thought is incorrect, but there isn’t anything to make an eye based judgement on.
    I agree that we haven't seen enough. But, we aren't the ones making the call. The coaches have seen him for quite a while and for whatever reason have not taken him off the leash. My fear is the leash is on because of what they've seen. Cam has his limitations and the coaches know it...so they have to have looked at Cole's play pretty closely. I'm trusting the coaches on that. If they haven't, the problem is much bigger.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I agree that we haven't seen enough. But, we aren't the ones making the call. The coaches have seen him for quite a while and for whatever reason have not taken him off the leash. My fear is the leash is on because of what they've seen. Cam has his limitations and the coaches know it...so they have to have looked at Cole's play pretty closely. I'm trusting the coaches on that. If they haven't, the problem is much bigger.
    I get quite a kick out of folks who think the coaches are "dumb" or "stupid" for not letting Cole play more, or throw more. I always think, are you at practice? Everyday? Watching film of practice? Working with the kids?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I get quite a kick out of folks who think the coaches are "dumb" or "stupid" for not letting Cole play more, or throw more. I always think, are you at practice? Everyday? Watching film of practice? Working with the kids? Seducing grandmas?
    Added a little to get to completion.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]