Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023-2024 Season

Default Re: 2023-2024 Season

Nebraska lineup for today, no Hardy at 141 or Wilson at 165.
    125 Smith
    133 Van Dee
    141 Cushing
    149 Lovett
    157 Robb
    165 Taylor
    174 Brown Ton
    184 Pinto
    197 Allred
    Hwt Andrews

Don't think this will be close, will be happy if Obe can keep this one within 20. 133/141 need to be ndsu wins and hope March can start his run to AA with an upset.

Man, what a difference a year makes.

Nice win by Gaven Sax!

I'll be honest, I didn't even expect NDSU to get 2 wins today

Devon Dawson with a pin! He's a go'er and not content to eke out a win. While I'm skeptical he'll have a successful year, he shouldn't be boring

Whole dual turned out better than expected.

Nebraska is going to be really good this year.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My very uninformed opinion:
    125- Negrete surprised me in a good way. I thought he wrestled well
    133- Disappointed in Barreto. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I thought he should beat a kid ranked #30 in the country
    141-Happy with Drexler here.
    149- Lovett is really good. Wow.
    157-Thoughts are the same as 133. I certainly didn’t expect Johnson to beat Robb, but I thought it would be closer than that.
    165-We need help here.
    174-Man Sax is frustrating to watch, but he wrestled a great match. Very pleasantly surprised here.
    184-Not sure what to think. Brenot just isn’t strong enough to compete yet.
    197-Even though Mooberry got dominated, I thought he showed some flashes at times. Again, needs to get stronger.
    285-I was expecting absolutely nothing, but Dawson impressed me greatly. I’m not sure he can’t get to Mora’s potential.

Agree with NDSU_Grad

Negrete looked like he had better effort out there, but his finishing still leaves a ton to be desired. Still, far from his worst match.
    Lackluster from Barreto and I expect more from him.
    Drexler was ok. Definitely not his best, but he still found a way to win.
    March and Johnson were completely overmatched by great opponents. Johnson should win some matches from top though.
    Howes isn't a D1 starter. I expect this weight to be a massive struggle all year.
    Sax pulled it out and maybe he can qualify for NCAAs this year.
    Brenot didn't look bad, but Pinto manhandled him and Brenot's body clearly isn't D1 ready. You look at Pinto's arms and chest and compare to Brenot and there is a huge difference. That being said, he looked like a legit prospect early on. This weight will probably be a big struggle this year.
    Mooberry just isn't strong enough and it's starting to look like he never will be. I don't expect many wins at 197 this year.
    Dawson was the surprise. I loved his effort and aggression. Hopefully he'll continue to improve, as he looks quick and his gas tank looked ok. Did not look good on the mat, so hopefully that improves

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

How did the open go?

Lardsin must go!

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    How did the open go?
    Just looking at track wrestling tow notes of interest from an intra-squad standpoint. Greenley beat our starter at 157, Landon Johnson and Adam Cherne beat Brenot at 184. Not sure the staff’s was land at those two weights going forward. Guessing they’ll save Greenley’s redshirt but Cherne and Brenot are both true freshmen. March, Sax, and Barreto didn’t wrestle. It would have been nice to see what they would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Just looking at track wrestling tow notes of interest from an intra-squad standpoint. Greenley beat our starter at 157, Landon Johnson and Adam Cherne beat Brenot at 184. Not sure the staff’s was land at those two weights going forward. Guessing they’ll save Greenley’s redshirt but Cherne and Brenot are both true freshmen. March, Sax, and Barreto didn’t wrestle. It would have been nice to see what they would have done.
    Didn't March injury default against Petersen toward the end of the first period?