Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023-2024 Season

Default Re: 2023-2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    Ou wins 29-7, hard to watch and I wish we got audio on the Kish and Blanc "discussion" after the dual.
    I saw Blanc snub the hand shake, don’t blame him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by larson311 View Post

seriously? hmmm
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by larson311 View Post

Yep. Kish kept trying and Obe kept denying. I’m guessing Kish burned some bridges with how he left and how he took kids with him. As they were talking the announcer says there’s two friends talking. Didn’t look friendly to me.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

It was a weird interaction, for sure.

I don't blame Kish for the way things unfolded, as anybody would be crazy to not jump at taking a better job with a far better compensation package. The timing of it was a worst case scenario for NDSU, but that was OU's doing.

Obe got the job and while things look awful right now, he deserves a couple seasons to get the ship right.

That being said, Obe didn't handle the transition well at all either.

NDSU_grad is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Didn’t get to watch the dual today, but looking at the results and OU’s roster am I correct that neither Mora or Parker are starters for OU?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    It was a weird interaction, for sure.

I don't blame Kish for the way things unfolded, as anybody would be crazy to not jump at taking a better job with a far better compensation package. The timing of it was a worst case scenario for NDSU, but that was OU's doing.

Obe got the job and while things look awful right now, he deserves a couple seasons to get the ship right.

That being said, Obe didn't handle the transition well at all either.
    It does seem like Obe could have hit the portal harder but I am willing to play the long game a little. I have hopes for Cherne and Greenley, we have some rs freshmen who could be potential qualifiers, and the recruiting class I think looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Didn’t get to watch the dual today, but looking at the results and OU’s roster am I correct that neither Mora or Parker are starters for OU?
    Parker tore his ACL late last year and will redshirt this year.

Mora just isn't better than Heinselman. He could be their starter the next two years though.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Parker tore his ACL late last year and will redshirt this year.

Mora just isn't better than Heinselman. He could be their starter the next two years though.
    Dang. Totally missed that with Parker. Curious to see if Mora gets recruited over. Just don’t think his ceiling is that high.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Dang. Totally missed that with Parker. Curious to see if Mora gets recruited over. Just don’t think his ceiling is that high.
    I’m not sure when Parker tore his ACL but I’m pretty sure Parker would have red shirted this year even if he had stayed here and/or healthy at OK. . Hoose from Buffalo was originally coming to ndsu before following Kish to OK and with one yr remaining makes a perfect fit for Parker to take the year off
    Last edited by PaBizon; 11-20-2023 at 12:30 AM.

It’s pretty simple to see that Kish said/did some things that didn’t sit well with Obe and the remaining kids on the team during his departure. All of the OK kids shook the bison coaches hands after the matches were done. None of the BiZon kids shook Rogers hand after he recruited all of them. And I’m not sure what people think Obe could have done differently than what he did. Kids in the transfer portal don’t have NDSU high on their list of places to go to when places like OU, Oregon St etc……. Are calling at the same time. Carlson, MCDermett and the Stanford kid from Anoka were the only kids in the portal that would have been upgrades. Kish got in on Carlson, Pendleton grabbed MCDermett and the other kid got denied his extra year at Stanford and looks like he followed the coach to North Carolina as a grad Student.
    Last edited by PaBizon; 11-20-2023 at 01:59 PM.