Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023-2024 Season

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2023-2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Correct (my bad), I did mean Silvis. I’m leaving Henningson out only because I think he would have wrestled 125 already if he could make weight. I would love to see him there. Actually right now I’d love to see anyone there.
    You’re probably correct on Henningson. I’m just hoping there’s somebody we can roll out there at 125 for the rest of the dual season at least.

Shocker another dual and another no show by 125 and 133 bison losing 12-0 to cal baptist after 2 pins. If this isnt rock bottom im scared what that would look like

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    Shocker another dual and another no show by 125 and 133 bison losing 12-0 to cal baptist after 2 pins. If this isnt rock bottom im scared what that would look like
    And then ndsu goes on a 25-3 run to win the dual 25-15. Sax wrestled through a knee injury he suffered early, hopefully it wont keep him out too long, but i doubt he goes tomorrow vs UNC

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    And then ndsu goes on a 25-3 run to win the dual 25-15. Sax wrestled through a knee injury he suffered early, hopefully it wont keep him out too long, but i doubt he goes tomorrow vs UNC
    Looked like a dislocated kneecap maybe?

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

BiZon secured the sweep beating UNC 27-14. Down 8-0 after two matches the BiZon went on a four match bonus ride. Drexler, Peterson and Johnson all won by Major Decision. At 165 Howe won by pinfall. Sax did not wrestle today and UNC forfeited HWT.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Yes, I agree, there has to be someone who wants to be on a Division one, big 12 team with the possibility of starting the rest of their career.
    Did we have only 1 little bison on the team?
    If I was or had 125 lber in my house, I would be sending them to O.B. by way of overnight fedex

Only one that is able to wrestle would be Henningson. Silvis fractured his elbow and is still not able to wrestle matches. He was trying to get back on the mat as he was healing and messed it up again so he is not healthy and unable to wrestle at this time.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If my math is correct Adam Cherne wrestled in his 5th and 6th events this past weekend therefore burning his redshirt. IMO an interesting move but if that’s what the kid wants and is best for the team go for it.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    If my math is correct Adam Cherne wrestled in his 5th and 6th events this past weekend therefore burning his redshirt. IMO an interesting move but if that’s what the kid wants and is best for the team go for it.
    I think it’s ok. He’s the best option at 184, and can always take a redshirt down the road once we hopefully have some better depth. I thought the guys wrestled pretty well yesterday, other than the issues we have at the lower weights.

Won 4 of 5 to start the dual vs Air Force.

Dual may come down to whether Sax wrestles at 174. If he doesn't, they'll need one of Howes to win at 165 or Cherne to win at 184, but both are underdogs.

This is the middle of the soft part of the schedule where NDSU can rack up wins and hopefully build confidence against the affiliate B12 teams. Already beat Cal Baptist and Northern Colorado. Leading Air Force and both Utah Valley and Wyoming up next week (and both not good this year).