PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2023-2024 Season

Dawson lost by Tech Fall. Final was Campbell 30 NDSU 13
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    125-Forfeit
    133-Barreto was the better wrestler for the last two periods but gave up the early takedown and goes down. Based on those last two periods I’m optimistic he can be good here.
    141-Nice win for Drexler. Think he can be multiple NCAA qualifier
    149-March didn’t look good and goes down. Hasn’t wrestled in a month so hopefully shaking off some rust.
    157-Johnson is pretty funky but really good on top. Nice fall here.
    165-Need a long-term solution here.
    174-I’m really impressed with the strides Sax has taken. This was a nice win.
    184-I’m thinking Cherne is the long-term option. Hope they keep his redshirt.
    197-Once again Mooberry gets to legs but not strong/good enough to finish. If he can figure that out could be good.
    285-Wasn’t able to watch Dawson
    And then Howes goes on to major the #18 kid in the country. #greatwrestlingmind

BiZon beat Purdue 22-17 and loses to Stanford 26-17

Looks like Sax had a great day winning all three of his matches. Max Peterson took over for March in the last two duals winning both of his matches. They forfeited 125 in all three duals. Won 3 matches in the loss to Campbell, 4 matches against Stanford and won 6 matches against Purdue. I actually thought they’d get swept today.
    Last edited by PaBizon; 12-20-2023 at 12:07 AM.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am going to try to hit up a road wrestling match this year. Hopes the teams does well.

Southern Scuffle starts tomorrow and NDSU will be without Drexler, Cherne, and a 125. The Scuffle is way down again this year, so there should still be plenty of winnable matches.

Hoping for the best and we can get guys like Sax, Barreto, Peterson, Johnson, Howes, Mooberry, and Greenley on the podium, but I wouldn't be stunned if we don't have any placers.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Southern Scuffle starts tomorrow and NDSU will be without Drexler, Cherne, and a 125. The Scuffle is way down again this year, so there should still be plenty of winnable matches.

Hoping for the best and we can get guys like Sax, Barreto, Peterson, Johnson, Howes, Mooberry, and Greenley on the podium, but I wouldn't be stunned if we don't have any placers.
    No March either, but maybe we get to see more obe/kish interaction like we did at the dual.

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    No March either, but maybe we get to see more obe/kish interaction like we did at the dual.
    I wonder if March doesn't just redshirt at this point. He has one year left and it may make sense to be at his healthiest to make a run at the podium.

Brackets are available on FloArena and woof, the tournament is down this year.

NDSU should have several guys get to the quarterfinals and at that point, you're a win away from placing.

Barreto, Peterson, Johnson, Greenley, Howes, Sax, Mooberry, and Dawson could all make the quarters and it wouldn't be much of a surprise.

I think I'm most interested to see how Barreto, Howes, Peterson, and Greenley do.

Greenley's bracket is weak (partially evidenced by Johnson at the 5 seed) and he could make a run.

I have no clue what to think of Howes. He has had some great performances and some poor ones, but he was a fairly unheralded recruit and I think he's shown some interesting qualities.

Barreto is talented but just needs more matches. Hoping to see him rack up the wins the next two days.

Im excited to see Greenley wrestle. This could be a huge tournament for Sax. BB is right though this tournament is down compared to previous years.

Barretto looked great in his first match. 13-4 MD. Four TDs and over 2 minutes of RT