Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The homecoming parade is back on campus

Default Re: The homecoming parade is back on campus

Sparta had two kings and they were BA
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Unreal. Not sitting well with some alum.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Unreal. Not sitting well with some alum.
    ya thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkk?

NDSU could've fixed this, but alas, they dont have a backbone.
    Women getting replaced, pour 1 out for Feminism.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Angry Re: The homecoming parade is back on campus

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    Having a parade without a Homecoming Queen seems like odd optics when you have women on campus protesting about faculty inequalities.
    That Forum article of a few days ago about the protest as well as the back story is extremely damning towards NDSU's reputation. I am beyond upset, especially as a Second-Wave feminist and I do plan to pen a letter to the President and Provost about it. It seems NDSU is moving back into the Dark Ages (or maybe it never left) when it comes to how it treats capable, talented women administrators. I doubt the 3 women did anything appreciably wrong and were punished, I think, inappropriately by losing their top administrative positions and being relegated to faculty positions. The one that bothered me the most was Provost Beth Ingram. I met her at Women In Philanthropy luncheons and she answered my questions with long, thoughtful letters. I was shocked to hear that Dr. Ingram departed NDSU for greener, more respectful pastures. What a loss for us! I think her mother was a groundbreaking statistician at NDSU. Beth Ingram said in the Forum article that of all the universities in the U.S., NDSU was SECOND TO LAST in the number of women tenured. What a knuckle-dragging school! All the talented women we have lost and maybe other smart women will start to stay away from NDSU. I am sick about this. I hope all you guys will read the article. No matter what your attitude towards the article, all of you men either have wives, girlfriends or mothers and think about how you would feel if they were treated like this. In reading the article it sounded like Dr. Ingram was bullied and almost pushed away from Provost. I had wanted to see the protest as I was scheduled to be out at campus that day but got sick so missed it. With steadily decreasing enrollment, we cannot afford such bad public relations. My heart breaks for these fine, talented women.

Lol who cares? When was the last time anyone gave a shit about homecoming king and queen? 1954?

Is pretty funny that one would assume they removed the gender component for D&I purposes and really all it did was allow more straight white males to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

NDSU has now reached new level wokeness.

Activists: "WE NEED TO REMOVE SILLY GENDER BARRIERS AND TITLES FOR NDSU HOMECOMING!"

Student body: "OK, done."

Activists: "Yayyyy us!"

Student Body: "Now let's show how progressive we are and elect 2 white men as the Homecoming Royalty 2 out of 3 years."

Activists: NOT LIKE THAT!!!
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Lol who cares? When was the last time anyone gave a shit about homecoming king and queen? 1954?

Is pretty funny that one would assume they removed the gender component for D&I purposes and really all it did was allow more straight white males to win.
    No one usually cares when it’s a king and queen that win it. This one likely draws attention.

Don't ever stop Bville.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Don't ever stop Bville.
    now you could've worn that skirt like you did in Alexandria 1986 and actually win something Mikey!

Please tell me they weren't on the same float tonight? who can report for us?

also, lets say ME and TAB were in this royalty and we both were the Top 2 Vote Getters...

We'd have 2 choices.
    #1 TAB acts like a MAN and drops out & gives his crown to a female for queen...
    #2 TAB puts on his fluffy coat and.......... wait a minute!!

but seriously, 1 of these soy boys couldn't of given up his top spot for a FEMALE? what a joke.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

Its what happens when you change shit just because.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."