Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The homecoming parade is back on campus

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The homecoming parade is back on campus

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    As a resolute monarchist you can’t think much of this whole idea of voting in the first place.
    Now that history has entered the thread I'm interested.
    A monarch is any head of state that rules for life. The pope is elected. So were Holy Roman Emperors. Constitutional monarchies have plenty of voting. Roman and Byzantine often had multiple emperors co-ruling. Sometimes 2+ men, sometimes a man and a woman. I can even see an argument that Hitler and Putin are elected monarchs. Ukraine's Zelenskyy has suspended elections until the war ends(legal under UKR law) so he might be one too.

In any case, women students are a slight majority at NDSU. That means women elected 2 men. I think it's even more sexist to tell them they made the wrong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Now that history has entered the thread I'm interested.
    A monarch is any head of state that rules for life. The pope is elected. So were Holy Roman Emperors. Constitutional monarchies have plenty of voting. Roman and Byzantine often had multiple emperors co-ruling. Sometimes 2+ men, sometimes a man and a woman. I can even see an argument that Hitler and Putin are elected monarchs. Ukraine's Zelenskyy has suspended elections until the war ends(legal under UKR law) so he might be one too.

In any case, women students are a slight majority at NDSU. That means women elected 2 men. I think it's even more sexist to tell them they made the wrong choice.
    Regarding the voting, that's not really the implication.

That said, I never voted for homecoming when I was in school. Idk where one would even cast a vote. But the fact that the school fucked up something so simple suggests they'll fuck up more complicated things too.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Regarding the voting, that's not really the implication.

That said, I never voted for homecoming when I was in school. Idk where one would even cast a vote. But the fact that the school fucked up something so simple suggests they'll fuck up more complicated things too.
    Yep, just like those European pinkos and female marketing executives fucked up something as simple as Bud Lite.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 09-30-2023 at 09:54 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

We deserved that loss for this
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Yep, just like those European pinkos and female marketing executives fucked up something a lot simple as Bud Lite.
    Not drinking Bud Lite is a feature, not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Not drinking Bud Lite is a feature, not a bug.
    While I can’t disagree with your conclusion. The chain of reasoning one employs in order to reach a conclusion matters quite a lot.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    We deserved that loss for this
    A bad week for homecoming. This terrible football loss, an embarrassment, the campus protest of the way women leaders are treated by administration, and today's letter to the editor signed by some very prolific and important professors on campus buttressing the support of the protest. At least it was sunny for the homecoming parade. I am taking to my bed.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    A bad week for homecoming. This terrible football loss, an embarrassment, the campus protest of the way women leaders are treated by administration, and today's letter to the editor signed by some very prolific and important professors on campus buttressing the support of the protest. At least it was sunny for the homecoming parade. I am taking to my bed.
    and ZERO POINT ZERO PROGRESS TOWARDS FBS

yes being the BUTT of jokes last few days added w the bud light sponsorship...and the downward enrollment and.... well. shit.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    It should be the TOP MALE and FEMALE vote getter are king and queen.
    if its 2 top vote getters than the 2nd MALE vote getter should be a MAN and refuse it and give to a FEMALE
    I think we should dump the king and queen bit anyways and move to a executive officer of the week who gets ratified at a bi-weekly meeting.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Definitely some major embarrassment for NDSU there. That letter was a stinger, with many credible and well respected individuals who have contibuted much to our school.