Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chris Simdorn... a Great Bison QB... Harlan Hill Winner

Default Re: Chris Simdorn... a Great Bison QB... Harlan Hill Winner

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Black market? A buddy of mine had a bootleg of Rocky on Beta that we watched before Rocky came out.
    I knew the Italian Stallion's fashion sense was suspiciously good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    No one knows what that means bro.

U say beta Max today and ppl just assume ur talking about ECE8HCE
    Say my name Kev, say ma name.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Fantastic. I was at that game and thought I remembered it really well. Tonight is the first time that I've ever seen video of it. I don't remember ever hearing Dacotah Field any louder than that game and it wasn't even close in my experience, limited as that might have been given that this was my sophomore year.

My memory of Sweeney's interception was totally different. Not sure where I manufactured mine from but it was incredibly athletic and tremendously dramatic in my recall for the last 30+ years. While a pretty good play, this wasn't that. Weird. I'm going to blame it on the tequila that I mixed with coffee to stay warm that day...
    Insert something clever here...

Two things stood out to me watching the Pittsburg State replay.

1. Dacotah Field crowd noise was a lot different than FargoDome crowd noise - about an octave deeper and a little more menacing (not many families were showing up for December games with 10 degrees and a 20mph wind.)
    2. At 26 minutes in they do a replay. WDAY had a camera isolated on Pittsburg's #1 (Ronnie West)

Note: Pittsburg State has had 11 players selected in the NFL draft in its entire history - five of them were on that 1990 team.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Two things stood out to me watching the Pittsburg State replay.

1. Dacotah Field crowd noise was a lot different than FargoDome crowd noise - about an octave deeper and a little more menacing (not many families were showing up for December games with 10 degrees and a 20mph wind.)
    2. At 26 minutes in they do a replay. WDAY had a camera isolated on Pittsburg's #1 (Ronnie West)

Note: Pittsburg State has had 11 players selected in the NFL draft in its entire history - five of them were on that 1990 team.
    I agree about the crowd noise. The Dacotah Field fans were very hard core fans... very into the game... and very vocal about the play of the linemen, the defense, etc. Yeah... mostly adults. I don't remember anyone leaving early. Maybe I'm wrong about that. It's been awhile.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In my Dacotah Field days, students left at half time for parking lot libations and a good many came back only if the game was close. Close in those days meant no more than a 2 TD lead. 3 TDs and it was time to find a house party or head to Moorhead.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I agree about the crowd noise. The Dacotah Field fans were very hard core fans... very into the game... and very vocal about the play of the linemen, the defense, etc. Yeah... mostly adults. I don't remember anyone leaving early. Maybe I'm wrong about that. It's been awhile.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Who is the stud wearing #41?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    In my Dacotah Field days, students left at half time for parking lot libations and a good many came back only if the game was close. Close in those days meant no more than a 2 TD lead. 3 TDs and it was time to find a house party or head to Moorhead.
    I still remember the Ed Shultz bottle game. We weren't far from the press box. Best party game I've ever been to. The clanking/breaking from bottles being dropped through the bleachers was non stop!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Who is the stud wearing #41?
    Working on his next pair of bedazzled jeans.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Green-N-Gold View Post
    I still remember the Ed Shultz bottle game. We weren't far from the press box. Best party game I've ever been to. The clanking/breaking from bottles being dropped through the bleachers was non stop!!
    I was a freshman the following year. Because of all of you guys, we got frisked entering every game for the first few years I was in college. Had to get all of our booze into games via bras and panties of our lady friends.
    Insert something clever here...