Thread: CAA adds Bryant for 2024

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default CAA adds Bryant for 2024

They will be up to 16 teams. They are becoming pretty large now.

https://twitter.com/FCS_STATS/status...055126016?s=20

Wonder how many playoff spots they get, and if they consider breaking it into two conferences.

Default Re: CAA adds Bryant for 2024

Never heard of them

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Never heard of them
    CAA has added a lot of head scratchers, not clear why they are so aggressively expanding.
    Campbell, Hampton, Monmouth, NC A&T, and probably one I'm missing from the past year or two.

I'm curious if this ends up helping or hurting them in playoff bids this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    CAA has added a lot of head scratchers, not clear why they are so aggressively expanding.
    Campbell, Hampton, Monmouth, NC A&T, and probably one I'm missing from the past year or two.

I'm curious if this ends up helping or hurting them in playoff bids this year.
    CAA football is kind of like the MVFC where it's separate from the CAA in other sports - so it might be kind of a Summit/MVC scenario building up where one league adds a team for all sports and needs to find a home for football and since CAA football has programs from 4 different all-sports conferences they catch a lot of teams amongst the realignment whirlwind. Bryant is now the 4th America East program in CAA football joining Maine, New Hampshire, and Albany. The CAA all-sports conference now has 9 in CAA football and then the A10 has 2 and the Big East has 1.

It would make sense from a numbers perspective for the CAA to just sponsor football and the 7 non-CAA schools in CAA football to start up a new FCS conference but that would break up some good football rivalries such as Delaware-Villanova and Richmond-William & Mary.