Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summit League Media Deal

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Summit League Media Deal

Big news today from the league, finally have contract to get some games on national TV and get all league games streamed on one platform. Most exciting for basketball but definitely should boost coverage of other league sports as well.

https://thesummitleague.org/news/202...and-midco.aspx

Default Re: Summit League Media Deal

If CBS lets us move the final off of Tuesday night I don't mind it.

Also for the women, the ESPN deal was horrible, they literally played their title game in the afternoon on Tuesday ESPNU. Not exactly ideal.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Does this media deal only stream games on the Midco app SummitLeagueNetwork.tv? I read something about CBS Sports Network and was wondering if they will stream on both apps. I get CBS Sports Network through my DirecTV subscription and wouldn't have to pay for another subscription.

I got an email today telling me that the NDSU All Access streaming would go away and recommended that I cancel my subscription. The only NDSU sport that will still stream on NDSU All Access is wrestling. Of course my subscription renewed in June...
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    Does this media deal only stream games on the Midco app SummitLeagueNetwork.tv? I read something about CBS Sports Network and was wondering if they will stream on both apps. I get CBS Sports Network through my DirecTV subscription and wouldn't have to pay for another subscription.

I got an email today telling me that the NDSU All Access streaming would go away and recommended that I cancel my subscription. The only NDSU sport that will still stream on NDSU All Access is wrestling. Of course my subscription renewed in June...
    A few games across the entire league will be broadcast on CBSSN but every other game will be SLN exclusive according to the Summit Leagues press release.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    A few games across the entire league will be broadcast on CBSSN but every other game will be SLN exclusive according to the Summit Leagues press release.
    Correct, the only games that will be on the CBS Sports app are the ones that will be on CBS Sports Network which the contract is only for 6 guaranteed games with the option for CBS to add up to 6 additional. Everything else will be on the SLN, broadcast rights still go back to the institutions for the remainder of their contracts however so NDSU's games should still be produced by WDAY, just uploaded to the SLN app instead of ESPN+

So Summit League Title game will be on CBSSN?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    So Summit League Title game will be on CBSSN?
    yep. pretty big downgrade from ESPN2.

I honestly didn't know if I even get CBS Sports Network, so I had to check...turns out I do, but never watch it because I'm not interested in pickleball, motocross, and low level soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    yep. pretty big downgrade from ESPN2.

I honestly didn't know if I even get CBS Sports Network, so I had to check...turns out I do, but never watch it because I'm not interested in pickleball, motocross, and low level soccer.
    Number of eyeballs on the broadcast...yes big downgrade. Quality of broadcast and basketball knowledge....upgrade. CBSSN does a great job of covering college basketball for us hoop junkies.

I recd email today that ESPN+ is going to $10.99 a month beginning Oct 12. I did sign up for Midco plus to get the Summit league Network.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I recd email today that ESPN+ is going to $10.99 a month beginning Oct 12. I did sign up for Midco plus to get the Summit league Network.
    What did it cost before?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com