Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Summit League Network.. BB finals to CBS Sports Network

Default Re: Summit League Network.. BB finals to CBS Sports Network

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Yes I made a mistake by mentioning wrestling, but my point stands. Basketball away games were never on ESPN+ as of late, and neither were any other sport. Only basketball home games were. So losing ESPN isn't that great a deal. Do I wish the new deal was through ESPN? Of course, but I'll take an app where I have a chance of watching all Bison athletics for now.
    Men's basketball road games at the Dakota schools and St Thomas were on ESPN+. WIU and UMKC were free streams on the teams' websites. ORU was on ESPN+ or free stream, I can't remember which.

Denver and maybe Omaha were the only road games that weren't available as part of ESPN+ or free stream.

Non-conference road games were hit and miss, but mostly available on some streaming platform.
    Last edited by KSBisonFan; 08-17-2023 at 12:00 PM.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

most of basketball was on espn + !!

plus we already had that for football.

this is bad deal. Fenton got swayed by a cbs marketing gal.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

ORU and UST were not on espn+ and some of SDSU's stuff was paywalled on their website.

Biggest benefit is the move to CBS will allow the tournament championship game to be moved to a weekend in future years. Matt Larson said so himself. Much more flexibility than ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Men's basketball road games at the Dakota schools and St Thomas were on ESPN+. WIU and UMKC were free streams on the teams' websites. ORU was on ESPN+ or free stream, I can't remember which.

Denver and maybe Omaha were the only road games that weren't available as part of ESPN+ or free stream.

Non-conference road games were hit and miss, but mostly available on some streaming platform.
    Correction to my previous post with info taken from GoBison.

At St Thomas and ORU were available to stream on their websites.

At Denver was on Altitude (subscription required) and not sure Omaha was available at all.

At UND and SDSU were on ESPN3.

4 of 8 non-conference road games were on SEC Network (Arkansas) or ESPN+.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    ORU and UST were not on espn+ and some of SDSU's stuff was paywalled on their website.

Biggest benefit is the move to CBS will allow the tournament championship game to be moved to a weekend in future years. Matt Larson said so himself. Much more flexibility than ESPN.
    If this get us more television exposure, I'm all for that. Weekend sounds better for attendance.

Mostly just confused how this works for fans. Is CBS Sports Network offered via streaming, or only as part of a cable package?
    We also need to subscribe to SLN? How does that work with Midco? Is that the same thing, or there are different ways to watch?

Midco website shows SLN games, but also some other leagues and it looks like some MVFC games (western oregon vs the jacks listed)
    I guess the answer here is to subscribe to Midco, but then have to figure out the CBS side of it.

Football I assume stays the same for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    If this get us more television exposure, I'm all for that. Weekend sounds better for attendance.

Mostly just confused how this works for fans. Is CBS Sports Network offered via streaming, or only as part of a cable package?
    We also need to subscribe to SLN? How does that work with Midco? Is that the same thing, or there are different ways to watch?

Midco website shows SLN games, but also some other leagues and it looks like some MVFC games (western oregon vs the jacks listed)
    I guess the answer here is to subscribe to Midco, but then have to figure out the CBS side of it.

Football I assume stays the same for us.
    CBS Sports isn’t available as a streaming service. It is a cable add-on or it does come with a few live streaming services like Hulu and YouTube which is basically cable under a different name.

SLN will be a separate subscription from Midco+ and yes Football is not affected by this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    CBS Sports isn’t available as a streaming service. It is a cable add-on or it does come with a few live streaming services like Hulu and YouTube which is basically cable under a different name.

SLN will be a separate subscription from Midco+ and yes Football is not affected by this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, wish we had been able to get all this under one roof/provider.

So, we should hold off on Midco+ and wait for a separate SLN package, or we need both?
    I'll probably just do SLN and ESPN+ The cheapest streaming/cable package I've seen for CBS sports is over $70. Can always hit up a bar for those games.

So, we should hold off on Midco+ and wait for a separate SLN package, or we need both?
    I'll probably just do SLN and ESPN+ The cheapest streaming/cable package I've seen for CBS sports is over $70. Can always hit up a bar for those games.
    May be poor wording. Just to clarify, SLN IS included as part of Midco Sports Plus. There is only one subscription and it isn't seperate in any way from the subscription for Midco Sports Plus. It's just a branding thing for the Summit League. I have had a subscription to Midco Sports Plus and I do not need to do anything to get the Summit League games. This is where all Summit League Games will be found except for those shown on CBSSN. CBS Sports has the TV and streaming rights to the games they broadcast, and those are the only games not on Midco Sports Plus.

May be poor wording. Just to clarify, SLN IS included as part of Midco Sports Plus. There is only one subscription and it isn't seperate in any way from the subscription for Midco Sports Plus. It's just a branding thing for the Summit League. I have had a subscription to Midco Sports Plus and I do not need to do anything to get the Summit League games. This is where all Summit League Games will be found except for those shown on CBSSN. CBS Sports has the TV and streaming rights to the games they broadcast, and those are the only games not on Midco Sports Plus.

From their FAQ:
    What content does Midco Sports Plus cover?

Midco Sports Plus covers high school and collegiate sports in Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota, as well as heart-racing motor sports and original content. Please note, UND Hockey is NOT available on Midco Sports Plus at this time.

Midco Sports Plus is also the exclusive streaming app for The Summit League conference, steaming 500+ live sports events from soccer to basketball.

What do I get with a subscription to Midco Sports Plus?

A subscription to Midco Sports Plus gives you more live games, on more devices -- plus gameday replays and Midco Sports original shows all in one place, without a cable subscription.

Where can I stream Midco Sports Plus?

You can access Midco Sports Plus anywhere in the US using any of the supported devices listed below.

Desktop web browsers Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge (Internet Explorer not supported)
    Android mobile/tablet
    iOS mobile/tablet
    Amazon Fire TV
    Apple TV
    Roku

How much does Midco Sports Plus cost?

A monthly subscription to Midco Sports Plus is $9.99 per month, plus applicable taxes. Subscriptions will automatically renew until canceled. An annual subscription is $79.99 per year.

Do I need to be a Midco customer to get Midco Sports Plus?

No. Midco Sports Plus is a standalone product and you do not need to have any other Midco services.