Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Summit League Network.. BB finals to CBS Sports Network

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summit League Network.. BB finals to CBS Sports Network

Sounds like many of you have little idea how much Bison athletics was really on ESPN+. Football aside, ONLY home basketball games last year were on ESPN plus. That's it. You had to go through the school's respective websites or conference sites or Midco to catch anything other than home basketball games. No other Bison sport was on ESPN+, other than an occasional away baseball or softball game from a school that actually put their games on espn+. Heck, I had to go to Youtube just to watch Bison baseball play against Northern Colorado.
    But now, we will be able to watch most Bison sports home and away games on this new app if everything they are hyping comes to fruition.
    You will still be able to watch football on ESPN+ and WDAY except for the MVFC game of the week. (Midco exclusive?)

The only thing that hurts Bison athletics is the lack of tournament exposure on ESPN2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Sounds like many of you have little idea how much Bison athletics was really on ESPN+. Football aside, ONLY home basketball games last year were on ESPN plus. That's it. You had to go through the school's respective websites or conference sites or Midco to catch anything other than home basketball games. No other Bison sport was on ESPN+, other than an occasional away baseball or softball game from a school that actually put their games on espn+. Heck, I had to go to Youtube just to watch Bison baseball play against Northern Colorado.
    But now, we will be able to watch most Bison sports home and away games on this new app if everything they are hyping comes to fruition.
    You will still be able to watch football on ESPN+ and WDAY except for the MVFC game of the week. (Midco exclusive?)

The only thing that hurts Bison athletics is the lack of tournament exposure on ESPN2.
    You're forgetting the part where NDSU is being moved off of a platform that myself and many others already have subscriptions to because there is other content(live sports) that we can watch. Will bison fans pay for Midco, most likely. Some may drop ESPN+ but at best it's annoying for those of use who were willing to pay for ESPN+ because it gave us some NDSU games plus hundreds of others and at worst it moves us off a streaming service where other college sports fans could find us.

It's not the end of the world and isn't even a large negative to the school as a whole. It's just annoying. It's easy to see how much better this deal is for most of the other Summit schools than for NDSU.

In the end it will be fine and won't negatively impact NDSU athletics imo.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    You're forgetting the part where NDSU is being moved off of a platform that myself and many others already have subscriptions to because there is other content(live sports) that we can watch. Will bison fans pay for Midco, most likely. Some may drop ESPN+ but at best it's annoying for those of use who were willing to pay for ESPN+ because it gave us some NDSU games plus hundreds of others and at worst it moves us off a streaming service where other college sports fans could find us.

It's not the end of the world and isn't even a large negative to the school as a whole. It's just annoying. It's easy to see how much better this deal is for most of the other Summit schools than for NDSU.

In the end it will be fine and won't negatively impact NDSU athletics imo.
    Yes, I understand the inconveniences that go with this new setup, but my point was you weren't able to watch many Bison games/matches to begin with, because they weren't on ESPN+. Now, you will be able to with the Midco plus app.
    I wish they would just put all Bison athletics on ESPN+ like some schools do. But that wouldn't make the conference any money, would it?

The new contract will leave me out of watching anything but football. I will not pay for another streaming service. Basketball recently has not really been worth paying for an additional streaming service.