Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall practice

Default Re: Fall practice

Article on OL Mason Miller

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...ndsu-this-fall

I don’t know where Chapo posted this article first…

but that Eric Peterson is known to be lurking around where Chapo treads

Does anyone have any insight as far as the number 3 and 4 QB's??

Do the Bison have enough depth at the QB position to make the offensive sets with both Cam and Payton on the field at the same time a frequent occurrence?

If this kind of thing was done right by the coaching staff, it could just become lethal and almost undefendable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Does anyone have any insight as far as the number 3 and 4 QB's??

Do the Bison have enough depth at the QB position to make the offensive sets with both Cam and Payton on the field at the same time a frequent occurrence?

If this kind of thing was done right by the coaching staff, it could just become lethal and almost undefendable.
    Yes! We can be the first team in the history of football to employ a 2 QB offense! What could go wrong?!? Revolutionize the sport! Good idea!

It works so well when we do it and run whichever QB is under center!!!!!

No one ever sees it coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't talking about any of that dumbass shit. It's about Cole taking on a RB/FB role in the offensive sets. Yes, the threat of him passing is real, and an obvious advantage; but it's more about getting a 6'3" 230 pound skilled and talented runner and receiver involved in more plays.

If we have depth, it makes sense. If we don't have depth, it's probably risky.

Media silence on the QB issue makes me wonder if we are in a carson wentz situation with Cole Peyton..... (but Cam Miller is NOT as good as Brock Jensen was)

in the current FCS NDSU can win pretty much any game with any competent QB that doesnt F-- things up and Cam Miller does that well which no one can complain about...

but to beat SDSU & UNI on the road (the 2 biggest games) I wonder if Cole helps NDSU in the long run if he plays alot these 1st few games (hell I'd let Cole play ALL of the Drake game... but that wont happen)

well the coaches have obviously avoided an QB controversy talk and the Lapdog fargo media izzo cueball have obliged.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Media silence on the QB issue makes me wonder if we are in a carson wentz situation with Cole Peyton..... (but Cam Miller is NOT as good as Brock Jensen was)

in the current FCS NDSU can win pretty much any game with any competent QB that doesnt F-- things up and Cam Miller does that well which no one can complain about...

but to beat SDSU & UNI on the road (the 2 biggest games) I wonder if Cole helps NDSU in the long run if he plays alot these 1st few games (hell I'd let Cole play ALL of the Drake game... but that wont happen)

well the coaches have obviously avoided an QB controversy talk and the Lapdog fargo media izzo cueball have obliged.
    It has been shown over and over that the coaches do not put in players in blowout games to get meaningful game reps... Those 2 have concrete in their heads and won't change...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    It has been shown over and over that the coaches do not put in players in blowout games to get meaningful game reps... Those 2 have concrete in their heads and won't change...
    I KNOW!! drives me insane. 10+ years of this dynasty and they still havent' figured that out.

Sure give the starters 1 drive MAYBE 2 drives... but throw everyone else in!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Do you think Coach Bohl did a better job at subbing people in during blowouts? Because that's not what I remember.

Most schools don't have the blowout problem except in the reverse ("we're getting blown out so we might as well play young guys"), and most teams aren't playing for a seed in the playoffs either. Not to mention that I wish we would have had a couple more blowouts last year - but most games in conference were pretty tight - WIU and UND were the only conference games that might be considered blowouts - and UND still had a shot, despite being down 21 at the start of the 4th.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Do you think Coach Bohl did a better job at subbing people in during blowouts? Because that's not what I remember.

Most schools don't have the blowout problem except in the reverse ("we're getting blown out so we might as well play young guys"), and most teams aren't playing for a seed in the playoffs either. Not to mention that I wish we would have had a couple more blowouts last year - but most games in conference were pretty tight - WIU and UND were the only conference games that might be considered blowouts - and UND still had a shot, despite being down 21 at the start of the 4th.
    No I don't. I think he did get guys in at the end of HIS run... I don't think we had the talent back then that we do now though. Or at least the caliber of athlete.... I also don't look at Bohl and Entz as the same...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]