Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Section branding

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Section branding

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    With the bottlenecks at the entrances, it'd probably be pretty easy to do.

Funny enough that I've been trying to think of a brand for my buddies who names both start with M. I was thinking of interlocking W's (crazy connected ems).
    Hint....Section as in 640 acres. Guessing you're not an ag guy Tony.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Hint....Section as in 640 acres. Guessing you're not an ag guy Tony.
    Whoosh, yeah, that went over my head, but I might surprise you a bit. I'll have you know that you are talking to the Assistant Treasurer of the Bucks County Stockmen's Association who, as soon as we create bylaws, will be in charge of registering brands and arranging bartenders for galas.

BTW, funny thing I learned since moving here. Townships in ND are "survey" townships (36 sections) but my township in PA has "civil townships" which aren't built on a grid, don't have sections, and don't pay any attention to north and south that I can see. The closest thing to sections here were called "tracts" and they created back in 1703. My township was originally composed of 28 of these tracts, each about 418 acres, which were divided up amongst 20 different landowners (so pretty big places for back in 1703.) Now, I believe that the township is divided into parcels which come in all sorts of sizes and shapes, and tracts are defunct. I doubt there are more than one or two parcels in the whole township that are bigger than 160 acres.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Whoosh, yeah, that went over my head, but I might surprise you a bit. I'll have you know that you are talking to the Assistant Treasurer of the Bucks County Stockmen's Association who, as soon as we create bylaws, will be in charge of registering brands and arranging bartenders for galas.

BTW, funny thing I learned since moving here. Townships in ND are "survey" townships (36 sections) but my township in PA has "civil townships" which aren't built on a grid, don't have sections, and don't pay any attention to north and south that I can see. The closest thing to sections here were called "tracts" and they created back in 1703. My township was originally composed of 28 of these tracts, each about 418 acres, which were divided up amongst 20 different landowners (so pretty big places for back in 1703.) Now, I believe that the township is divided into parcels which come in all sorts of sizes and shapes, and tracts are defunct. I doubt there are more than one or two parcels in the whole township that are bigger than 160 acres.
    One of the ranches I leased for hunting here was 124 sections....came to around 80,000 acres with very little of it containing public land. PL and his wife both shot their antelope on that place. Good times! Is it legal to brand in PA?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

My dad's section (whatever it is) should be called "Friendly Old People" in Latin
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    One of the ranches I leased for hunting here was 124 sections....came to around 80,000 acres with very little of it containing public land. PL and his wife both shot their antelope on that place. Good times! Is it legal to brand in PA?
    Well, the BCSA, Solebury Chapter is an unofficial social club that meets for burgers most Tuesdays and the qualifications are that you have had to have ridden a horse and own cowboy boots - stock is optional, although the M's have sheep and alpaca. I only have fish and hell if I can figure out how to brand the slippery little bastards.

If I get them a brand, I think that they'll use it decoratively or "apply it to our tool handles so they don't go astray" they said while giving me a significant look.

This branding better not make the lines move slower yet getting in the dome.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

The smell of burnt hair smells worse than burnt popcorn...
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Section 16 should be the "How's your girlfriend and my kid" section in honor of the students.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    This branding better not make the lines move slower yet getting in the dome.
    We could use NIL to pay student-athletes to wrestle the fans in line to the ground. The old fashioned way of branding is the quickest. If we have to use calf tables, the lines will be even longer and we'll have people suffering frostbite/drinking all the mickeys stuffed in their boots before kickoff. It'll be mass chaos. Ride for the brand? Hell no, you'll have people saying "screw this, I'm cheering for SDSU".

Now branding a fish like Tony wants to do? I smell a marketing opportunity to be used at aquariums.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

BISONBRI53 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    We could use NIL to pay student-athletes to wrestle the fans in line to the ground. The old fashioned way of branding is the quickest. If we have to use calf tables, the lines will be even longer and we'll have people suffering frostbite/drinking all the mickeys stuffed in their boots before kickoff. It'll be mass chaos. Ride for the brand? Hell no, you'll have people saying "screw this, I'm cheering for SDSU".

Now branding a fish like Tony wants to do? I smell a marketing opportunity to be used at aquariums.

What do you think they do to their cheerleaders???
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]