Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dacotah Field Memories

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dacotah Field Memories

Must of been on my 50th BD. Had seats 4 from the 50. My boss pulls me out, sits
    me down and I look around and there's the cow girl. She had done this gig at my
    bosses 50th. So before, during and after the Stars Spangled Banner and a moment of
    silence for Quentin Burdeck, she has her boom box going and does "You'll
    go down in flames Jesse James", and ends up in her bikini. A real babe. I have pictures and one has me
    saying to these two young kids " You guys are really going to like this" Great memory

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    bosses 50th. So before, during and after the Stars Spangled Banner and a moment of
    go down in flames Jesse James", and ends up in her bikini. A real babe. I have pictures and one has me
    saying to these two young kids " You guys are really going to like this" Great memory
    Who was playing?
    Don't believe everything you think.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

9/12/1992 Cal Poly W, 26-10

Got there real early for a game. Looked up, and saw a large critter (bull/steer sized, likely part of a planned pregame) slip from its handler and streak down the side walk by the East end zone. It ran head first into the chain link fence near the stands and went down in a heep. A big crowd of officials surrounded the scene, likely euthanized the animal, and then threw a large tarp over the body. Some time prior to the game starting, they brought in equipment and hauled the carcass away. I'm guessing most of the arriving fans had no idea what was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Got there real early for a game. Looked up, and saw a large critter (bull/steer sized, likely part of a planned pregame) slip from its handler and streak down the side walk by the East end zone. It ran head first into the chain link fence near the stands and went down in a heep. A big crowd of officials surrounded the scene, likely euthanized the animal, and then threw a large tarp over the body. Some time prior to the game starting, they brought in equipment and hauled the carcass away. I'm guessing most of the arriving fans had no idea what was happening.

The Spectrum put it on page 1 (with photo which really made me feel bad, actually, the wrangler looks devastated.) Spectrum 1978-09-08.pdf (ndsu.edu)

Also, the neo-Puritans who run the state now could find something on nearly every page to get mad about (if they could read.)

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    Izzy & Slick might come back to the board for that pic Dormie.. get on it STAT!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The crowd yelling "Ed Schultz sucks!" on repeat until Eddie cursed back at us and slammed shut the press box window....
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    The crowd yelling "Ed Schultz sucks!" on repeat until Eddie cursed back at us and slammed shut the press box window....
    I believe you mean “Wd shot his dog!” On repeat.

You could hear it plain as day in the radio broadcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many years ago, I was allowed to buy my employers seat for playoff games. I saw 3 quarters of games before I went to work.

Triple Option Veer offense was fun to watch. We had the horses, and though everyone knew what was coming most every play, we just dared the defense to stop us.

Earlier times, watching Paul Hatchett run in the open field, Jim Twardy kicking barefoot, lining up by the home locker room entrance at the end of the game, grabbing whatever treasures the players would toss to us (gloves, mouth pieces, towels), learning to wait for a space at the end of the pee trough, rather than by the drain in the middle, hot dogs in large aluminum boxes sold by vendors in the stands, the thrill of the Gold Star Marching Band playing ON BISON. Somehow back then the GSMB seemed bigger and better and LOUDER than today... no offense to the dedicated musicians of today.
    Last edited by SomeBeach; 07-25-2023 at 08:16 AM.