Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 - 2024 Season

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2023 - 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Hope this poor kid knows what he signed up for, he's going to get to practice and have Andrew Morgan absolutely put the hurt on him day in and day out. Kudos to him for accepting the challenge, being a D1 walk-on is no easy task.
    6’8 280 . . . He’ll do most of the hurting of others

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Known combined schedule with dates so far:

11/6 @Western Michigan
    11/11 @Creighton
    11/25 @Grand Canyon
    11/27 @SJSU
    12/4 vs SJSU
    TBD vs Portland
    12/17 @Illinois St
    12/19 @SIU
    12/29 vs USD
    1/3 vs Montana
    1/6 @Eastern Washington
    1/11 @KC
    1/13 @Omaha
    1/18 vs Denver
    1/20 vs ORU
    1/25 @UST
    2/1 @SDSU
    2/3 @UND
    2/8 vs KC
    2/10 vs Omaha
    2/15 @ORU
    2/17 @Denver
    2/22 vs UST
    2/24 vs UND
    2/29 @USD
    3/2 vs SDSU

Portland the only known game without a date yet, looking at their schedule so far and ours it seems like early December the most likely landing spot for it. Assuming there will be an exhibition added probably on 11/1 or 11/2 and then a couple of home games against non-D1 opponents is probably it. That would match about the number of games we had last year in the OOC.
    https://gobison.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

Appears I was about spot on, Portland added 12/7 with an exhibition 10/27 and 3 non-D1 home games added. Really unfortunate we couldn't get at least one more of those home games to be a D1 opponent as we only have 3 non-conference non-D1 home games, tough for fans to get excited about that. I will say that outside of the Creighton game, there really isn't a game on this schedule that we can't win, this team needs to really show up and be a 25 win team with this schedule.

Mount Mary, Stout and Oak Hill Christian WHO? those shouldn't count in W-L

5-7 in non conference schedule (but Richman will say he's 8-7 and the fluff articles will come out around Jan 1)

NDSU was 14-17 last year in D1 RPI 190 thanks to ORU/SDSU

Nov. 6 at Western Michigan RPI 348 W
    Nov. 11 at Creighton L
    Nov. 14 vs. UC Davis RPI 178 W
    Nov. 16 at Montana RPI 175 L
    Nov. 25 at Grand Canyon RPI 106 L
    Nov. 27 at San Jose State RPI 68 L
    Dec. 4 San Jose State RPI 68 L
    Dec. 7 Portland RPI 216 W
    Dec. 17 at Illinois State RPI 300 W
    Dec. 19 at Southern Illinois RPI 71 L
    Jan. 3 Montana RPI 175 W
    Jan. 6 at Eastern Washington RPI 138 L
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Good ol Chapo basing this years W-L on last years numbers...I don't know if you know this but college teams have different players each year.

Not to encourage Chapo, but I'm a degenerate sports guy and I've never heard of Mount Marty or Oak Hills Christian College.

Pretty inexcusable to have those and Wisconsin Stout as 3 home non-con games.

Terrible for the fans, does nothing for yours or the conferences RPI, and isn't going to test your mettle.

Disappointed to see no P5 games either. Those pay well and are always worth tuning in to at least see how the fellas match up to the big timers.

Agree with Bisonfan08, this team needs to rack up a bunch of wins with this schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Not to encourage Chapo, but I'm a degenerate sports guy and I've never heard of Mount Marty or Oak Hills Christian College.

Pretty inexcusable to have those and Wisconsin Stout as 3 home non-con games.

Terrible for the fans, does nothing for yours or the conferences RPI, and isn't going to test your mettle.

Disappointed to see no P5 games either. Those pay well and are always worth tuning in to at least see how the fellas match up to the big timers.

Agree with Bisonfan08, this team needs to rack up a bunch of wins with this schedule.
    Creighton is definitely a P5 game. I also had never heard of those two, nice to see names other than Crookston, Jamestown, VC or whatever else local but yeah two of those games I've come to expect as it's been that way for years now but 3 definitely sucks.

Creighton is definitely a P5 game. I also had never heard of those two, nice to see names other than Crookston, Jamestown, VC or whatever else local but yeah two of those games I've come to expect as it's been that way for years now but 3 definitely sucks.
    Jamestown plays Mount Marty in the GPAC conference in NAIA.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Jamestown plays Mount Marty in the GPAC conference in NAIA.
    Oak Hills Christian is part of NCCAA National Christian College Athletic Association----has two Divisions D1 and D2-----Oak Hills is D2 located in Bemidji

Their roster is from 5'6" to 6'4"

WHY IN THE HELL would you schedule this-----our INTRAMURAL teams at NDSU would beat these guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Kujava23; 10-11-2023 at 03:21 PM.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Possibly the best thing about this schedule is that the SDSU and UND home games don't take place over winter break. That was always a head scratcher. Glad to see them in February/March!
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Possibly the best thing about this schedule is that the SDSU and UND home games don't take place over winter break. That was always a head scratcher. Glad to see them in February/March!
    Yeah the rivalry games not being over break was the highlight of the conference schedule. Always hated that, still hate the mirrored schedules with a passion but at least one complaint was resolved.