Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 - 2024 Season

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2023 - 2024 Season

Summit League Network is going to be great for the league. I'm guessing home games might still be broadcast on ESPN+ since they'll still be done by WDAY but the best part is when the teams play on the road all of the games will be in one location, no more trying to track down some shitty streaming link for the Kansas City game or having to pay $10 to watch one game on Denver's crappy site. They also have been broadcasting volleyball games this fall and will have spring sports like baseball and softball as well. Getting an ESPN+ deal would have been nice but ESPN doesn't pay shit for broadcast rights, SLN will generate revenue for the league and it's members with advertising and the combination of it and the CBSSN was definitely the best available deal on the table. Allowed for a single location to watch the majority of league games and coupled it with an opportunity to get some league games on national TV.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Summit League Network is going to be great for the league. I'm guessing home games might still be broadcast on ESPN+ since they'll still be done by WDAY but the best part is when the teams play on the road all of the games will be in one location, no more trying to track down some shitty streaming link for the Kansas City game or having to pay $10 to watch one game on Denver's crappy site. They also have been broadcasting volleyball games this fall and will have spring sports like baseball and softball as well. Getting an ESPN+ deal would have been nice but ESPN doesn't pay shit for broadcast rights, SLN will generate revenue for the league and it's members with advertising and the combination of it and the CBSSN was definitely the best available deal on the table. Allowed for a single location to watch the majority of league games and coupled it with an opportunity to get some league games on national TV.
    Any game that is streamed has to be on the new SLN, no games on ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Any game that is streamed has to be on the new SLN, no games on ESPN+
    Yeah I looked through the schedule and realized that too, home games are still on WDAY+ but not ESPN+. I tinkered around with the app a bit on my Roku stick last night and tuned into some volleyball games, SLN app seems to be working pretty well so that is encouraging.

I haven't read any of the fine print on this...is it an independent app that we pay for that does not require a Midco cable/internet subscription?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I haven't read any of the fine print on this...is it an independent app that we pay for that does not require a Midco cable/internet subscription?
    Correct $9.99/mo

I'm still mad about losing games on ESPN+. That is all. What an awful decision.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU2006 View Post
    I'm still mad about losing games on ESPN+. That is all. What an awful decision.
    it's dumb as hell
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Having 4 of 5 starters back - nice!
    In this age of the Transfer Portal, it is less common than before the TP.
    NDSU having a returning PG should help the team get off to a better start than last year…(1-8 start) (16-17, 11-7 Summit)
    Damari Wheeler-Thomas article:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...on-point-guard

Having a healthy DWT to start the year is incredibly important on both ends of the floor. Two things from the exhibition surprised me, the first being Waddles starting over Miller, the crazy part is those two probably had the two best player performances and either one has a legit shot at leading us in scoring this season. Sounded in the post game interview that Miller coming off the bench is kind of Dex situation where it works for the rotation better but we'll see if it makes it's way into the regular season or not. The 2nd was Feddersen getting the start, Hastreiter was out but I had assumed Burke would start but it was damn nice to see Feddersen out there. I said last year he basically looked like a young Rocky Krueser and he went out there and played like him to, if he can rebound like that against D1 competition he's gonna have a huge role this year. Interested to see if he maintains the starting role when Hastreiter is back or not.

as of 11/13

RPI is #192

#178 and #188 are the next 2 games.

GCU/SJ both around #100 for the next 3 after that.

Portland is #190

ILL St is awful #293

SIU is #120

Non Conf SHOULD be 5-5 after all of this. (we will NOT count the 3-0 vs naia teams)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?