Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Northwestern Fitzgerald suspension / Dave Braun

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Northwestern Fitzgerald suspension / Dave Braun

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm not so sure this is going to be an all rosy situation for Braun. It sounds like the players are all pissed either that Fitzgerald was fired or the way Fitzgerald was fired since they all found out via social media. There's going to be a huge issue with team morale potentially with players leaving/quitting and he's going to have an administrative microscope on him from the Northwestern brass to make sure everything about the program is being ran on the up and up. Not exactly an ideal situation for a guy sitting in the big seat for the first time in a situation he was likely completely unprepared for in the first place. I'd guess he's going to lean on Entz quite a bit for advice and such.
    He's not the interim coach. He's just managing things until they name the interim.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    He's not the interim coach. He's just managing things until they name the interim.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    I know I'm just assuming if he is named interim coach.

I'm not so sure this is going to be an all rosy situation for Braun. It sounds like the players are all pissed either that Fitzgerald was fired or the way Fitzgerald was fired since they all found out via social media. There's going to be a huge issue with team morale potentially with players leaving/quitting and he's going to have an administrative microscope on him from the Northwestern brass to make sure everything about the program is being ran on the up and up. Not exactly an ideal situation for a guy sitting in the big seat for the first time in a situation he was likely completely unprepared for in the first place. I'd guess he's going to lean on Entz quite a bit for advice and such.
    Seems like perhaps a bunch of players leaving the program could be a good thing. 1 they weren’t very good 2 the culture clearly needs a reboot 3 how good could morale actually have been in the first place?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Portal some Bison eh?

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Portal some Bison eh?
    Don't be giving any ideas there bro!!! Shhhhhhhhh!
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    dailynorthwestern.com

The top 4 stories there are all about what a disaster the football program is including now alleged incidents of racism.

You can believe whatever you want.
    And espn said no evidence found he knew. That is a lot more believable to me.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tzgerald-cause

Note he still is responsible, so not saying he is innocent..... he just did not know.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I'd be willing to bet most 1-11 teams are a complete shit show behind the scenes eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    And espn said no evidence found he knew. That is a lot more believable to me.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tzgerald-cause

Note he still is responsible, so not saying he is innocent..... he just did not know.
    I think the report said that they couldn’t prove he knew, that’s not the same as no evidence. And, yes, he’s responsible either way.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

As audit says, a lack of evidence isn't the absence of knowledge. Idk if he knew or not. That's a them problem, not a me problem. Northwestern may just want to start over, not exactly a football factory trying to win the Big Ten.

I hope he was unaware of the details. If he was, bad deal for him. Hazing is fine, this seems to have went a couple steps further than it should have.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    As audit says, a lack of evidence isn't the absence of knowledge. Idk if he knew or not. That's a them problem, not a me problem. Northwestern may just want to start over, not exactly a football factory trying to win the Big Ten.

I hope he was unaware of the details. If he was, bad deal for him. Hazing is fine, this seems to have went a couple steps further than it should have.
    Bingo

Its called a loss of institutional control. Pete Carrol can tell you all about it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."