Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Northwestern Fitzgerald suspension / Dave Braun

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Northwestern Fitzgerald suspension / Dave Braun

Sounds more like a previous player going on attack against the program, and blowing things way out of proportion. If coach Fitz can be run out of a program, anyone can. I’m not buying this until there much more evidence.

ESPN says he is fired now

LOL how ridiculous.

They find out anything different, or did they just find out that their asses were grass if they didn't actually do something?

Two weeks unpaid vacation to forever unpaid vacation is a bit of a jump there, boys
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Northwestern Fired Coach Pat Fitzgerald

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...l/70394723007/

Welcome Head Coach David Braun! ha ha .
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Welcome Head Coach David Braun! ha ha .
    Likely won’t have a job after the new hire comes in?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

#Northwestern will name an interim coach soon. For now, new defensive coordinator David Braun will serve as a liaison and manage the program, per source.

I think David Braun has a legit shot!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Sure, but there is paying for rookie dinner parties or being made to wear Dora the explorer backpacks through the airport and then there’s gang dry humping in the shower.
    That's how it starts. What if the player refuses to wear the backpack. They'll punish him for it with something bigger. Then whatever happens to that player, he escalates it a little more the next year. We see it over and over and over in the fraternity world. It's not a direct path, but it's an evolutionary path.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    That's how it starts. What if the player refuses to wear the backpack. They'll punish him for it with something bigger. Then whatever happens to that player, he escalates it a little more the next year. We see it over and over and over in the fraternity world. It's not a direct path, but it's an evolutionary path.

I had a kid attend the Northwestern FB camp 4 or 5 summers ago. I was very impressed with Coach Fitzgerald end of camp message. He read the kids the riot act in regards to behavior, specifically with the young ladies. He let it be known anyone at the camp that had a Northwestern offer, that was the equivalent of a $80k year job. You will act at the standards of the university and you will not embarrass it.

The Coach noted that beer, drugs, girls, cars are out there. All can impact your scholarship.

He also noted that he was a chicago guy, NW grad, player, came back and coached. You will not make the university look bad.

I was very impressed as it appeared he laid down the law. probably a situation happened and the there was a cover up which many times is worse than the crime.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I had a kid attend the Northwestern FB camp 4 or 5 summers ago. I was very impressed with Coach Fitzgerald end of camp message. He read the kids the riot act in regards to behavior, specifically with the young ladies. He let it be known anyone at the camp that had a Northwestern offer, that was the equivalent of a $80k year job. You will act at the standards of the university and you will not embarrass it.

The Coach noted that beer, drugs, girls, cars are out there. All can impact your scholarship.

He also noted that he was a chicago guy, NW grad, player, came back and coached. You will not make the university look bad.

I was very impressed as it appeared he laid down the law. probably a situation happened and the there was a cover up which many times is worse than the crime.
    I really hope he wasn't involved because everything you hear about him has been great. He could have left for other places but stayed there. That's the problem with hazing though. A lot of really smart people brush it off as good, clean fun, and some of the minor stuff is. Maybe the details of what these guys were doing were unknown to him, but it sounds like they have some pretty solid evidence with the Shrek lists and visual signals. When a different lens is put on things, it can impact you differently.

My fraternity former executive director is nationally known for a presentation he does called Hazing on Trial. He tells a dramatic story about a having death from the context of the students involved and the experience of sitting in a witness stand defending everything you did. It's a very powerful monolog and impacts everyone who sees it. He's been fighting this fight for decades, but as we say, we get a new group of students every 4 years, and what was taught to the previous group needs to keep getting taught. Hazing isn't everywhere especially at this extreme, but it's still enough places is hard to eliminate. There must be an innate desire in humans to feel they need to earn a position in a group this way.