Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Northwestern Fitzgerald suspension / Dave Braun

Default Re: Northwestern Fitzgerald suspension / Dave Braun

Tom VanHaaren
    @TomVH
    ·21h

As a reminder, with the transfer rules, Northwestern players will have a 30-day window to enter their name in the transfer portal if they want to leave because Pat Fitzgerald was fired.

They don’t need to transfer within the 30 days, just enter their name in the portal.

Adam Rittenberg
    @ESPNRittenberg
    ·15h

Northwestern is retaining its assistant coaches and support staff for the 2023 season, the school tells ESPN. The coaches and staff were informed of their status in a meeting with athletic director Derrick Gragg earlier today.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pat Fitzgerald attorney says Northwestern fired coach for cause

https://abc7chicago.com/sports/pat-f...ause/13490962/

Northwestern has not informed Webb whether it is seeking to withhold the remaining salary on Fitzgerald's 10-year contract signed in January 2021. Fitzgerald is owed more than $40 million from the school.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Adam Rittenberg
    @ESPNRittenberg
    ·15h

Northwestern is retaining its assistant coaches and support staff for the 2023 season, the school tells ESPN. The coaches and staff were informed of their status in a meeting with athletic director Derrick Gragg earlier today.
    Lol so the players knew, the head coach knew, but the assistant coaches didn’t know and are completely inculpable.

Amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Seems like Northwestern might need a total reboot. The President is demonstrating why he was the second choice. The AD also second choice is out to lunch. Seems like one of the few things he’s done was hire a baseball coach who didn’t make it a season before being investigated for the work environment he fostered. There’s assertions from at least one former player that this has been going on in the football program since at least 2007.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Lol so the players knew, the head coach knew, but the assistant coaches didn’t know and are completely inculpable.

Amazing
    It's too late to try to put together a new staff before fall camp. They needed a fall guy so the head coach is the obvious choice but if they axed the entire coaching staff they may not have been able to even have a football season this year. They're not going to give up that kind of $$$$ for PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's too late to try to put together a new staff before fall camp. They needed a fall guy so the head coach is the obvious choice but if they axed the entire coaching staff they may not have been able to even have a football season this year. They're not going to give up that kind of $$$$ for PR.
    Not PR. Because it would be the right thing to do.

If anything the assistant coaches are more aware what’s going on in the locker room than the head coach.

I’m saying this all tongue in cheek because organizations (even ones as virtue-signally as northwestern) don’t make decisions based on what’s the right thing to do. They do whatever they can get away with, which is why they went from giving the head coach a vacation to instead firing him, only after everything went public.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Not PR. Because it would be the right thing to do.

If anything the assistant coaches are more aware what’s going on in the locker room than the head coach.

I’m saying this all tongue in cheek because organizations (even ones as virtue-signally as northwestern) don’t make decisions based on what’s the right thing to do. They do whatever they can get away with, which is why they went from giving the head coach a vacation to instead firing him, only after everything went public.

The right thing to do, firing Ast coaches that are new or less than 2 years? Ahhh no, not the right thing.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If there are criminal charges (and there should be if the accusations are true), assistant coaches could be impacted if they are found criminally involved. Unless Northwestern has verifiable evidence of that it's probably best left up to the courts.

I'm not sure if this falls under the jurisdiction of the NCAA policies as well. Institutional control similar to Penn State maybe. I don't have much tolerance for hazing especially that escalates to this level so I hope they are held accountable.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Below is what Michigan State paid to the female athletes that were abused by Larry Nassar. How much is Northwestern going to end up paying to the football players that were abused?

The settlement will pay $425 million to the 332 girls and women who have come forward to date, averaging about $1.28 million per victim. Michigan State will set aside an additional $75 million in a trust

fund for any victims who come forward in the future.
    Last edited by Bisman; 07-12-2023 at 11:00 PM.