Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Verbal: Maxwell Woods

Default Re: 2024 Verbal: Maxwell Woods

My gut says other teams are painting a picture of a complete team collapse, when in reality, only 1 coach is leaving and this will be the most seamless transition we have ever seen

When Bohl and Klieman left, he took most of the coaches. This time we only need to replace 1

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    My gut says other teams are painting a picture of a complete team collapse, when in reality, only 1 coach is leaving and this will be the most seamless transition we have ever seen

When Bohl and Klieman left, he took most of the coaches. This time we only need to replace 1
    Unless they hire outside the program

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    It seems like we used to get a pretty good idea about who on staff was recruiting each kid, area, etc. Do we know who the lead recruiter was for Woods?
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They usually @ them in their commitment tweet but since he deleted it I'm not sure who it would be. I'd guess Grant Olson... I think he's their main recruiter of the Twin Cities???
    In this past Bison Report podcast they discussed Woods and his recruitment. Did say Grant Olson is lead recruiter in the cities, but Entz is/was also involved in the recruitment since this was the area he covered under Klieman.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Unless they hire outside the program

If it's a coach with Bison connections like Polasek or Vigen, nothing would change. Systems would remain

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nothing would change? You don't think if they hire from outside, even if it is someone with ties like Polasek or Vigen, that they aren't going to want to bring in their own guys? I'm not saying that would be a bad thing, but to say nothing would change is delusional.

I understand that the systems in place would remain largely the same.

None of us know what is going on inside the SHAC. I really hope the meeting the other day with Hekendorf was a discussion about the setup of their NIL program but if Jay wasn't there then I don't have high hopes. If that was indeed part of an interview then it really is another mark against ML. What an underwhelming candidate.

Nothing would change? You don't think if they hire from outside, even if it is someone with ties like Polasek or Vigen, that they aren't going to want to bring in their own guys? I'm not saying that would be a bad thing, but to say nothing would change is delusional.

None of us know what is going on inside the SHAC. I really hope the meeting the other day with Hekendorf was a discussion about the setup of their NIL program but if Jay wasn't there then I don't have high hopes. If that was indeed part of an interview then it really is another mark against ML. What an underwhelming candidate.

Herdbot and reality don’t coexist
    TRUST THE PROCESS

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Do we really feel like they’d dine a coaching candidate for beyond to see? The way this is going it seems like they’d keep it all locked down and out of public eye. Who knows I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Do we really feel like they’d dine a coaching candidate for beyond to see? The way this is going it seems like they’d keep it all locked down and out of public eye. Who knows I guess.
    Also do you dine a candidate at Franks? lol

I think it was a bit of showmanship from ML for people to see he was actively interviewing. He seems like a VERY calculated guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Also do you dine a candidate at Franks? lol

I think it was a bit of showmanship from ML for people to see he was actively interviewing. He seems like a VERY calculated guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I also thought Frank’s Lounge was an interesting place for a pre-interview meal…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Polasek and Vigen would use the same system and same terminology. Both helped build the damn thing and used it with great success in future jobs. Worst case it looks more like the Craig Bohl version of the Bison

Anyone who has an elementary level of Bison history knows this

Would they fire the coaching staff? Hell no. Worst case make a few tweaks. But they would make good hires that fit going forward. Reality is most coaching staffs have 80% attrition every 5 years anyway