Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Verbal: Maxwell Woods

Default Re: 2024 Verbal: Maxwell Woods

This is the right take.

How many of us @18 dated a girl (or boy) first and then dated the best friend and eventually wondered what life would have been like with the first one?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    The kid changed his mind it happens. Not going to wish him any ill will.

After the last two years you could say recruiting RBs went from a slam dunk to an easy target for other programs to talk to recruits about not getting carries at NDSU.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    The kid changed his mind it happens. Not going to wish him any ill will.

After the last two years you could say recruiting RBs went from a slam dunk to an easy target for other programs to talk to recruits about not getting carries at NDSU.
    90% of me is with you on this. The other 10% is disgusted that he chose SDSU. I won’t wish the guy ill-will, but I will wish him -4 yards on 10 carries when he plays against us.

Pierre Strong was a 4th round draft pick.
    Davis is gonna get an NFL shot.
    Soon to be two time champs come calling with that recent track record at his position, and can cite the unknown of a new coach in Fargo and point to a bunch of QB runs with no featured back for the past several years.

Hope he enjoys Brookings........also hope he goes winless against the Bison and never gets to call himself a champion.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    If Entz was such a bad recruiter it shouldn’t matter if all current recruits flip and current team enters the portal tomorrow?
    You related to Entz or what? Other than Eli Green who has played that he has recruited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    You related to Entz or what? Other than Eli Green who has played that he has recruited?

Well he was recruiting for NDSU for ten years so let's turn that around. Who has played for NDSU that Entz HASN'T recruited?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Chris Klieman was hired by KState in December of 2018.
    So of the current all-conference types, Cam Miller & Cole Wisniewski & lots of the others - Grey Zabel & Mason Miller & RaJa Nelson & Joe Stoffel etc. Or if you think Cole Payton should be starting, there’s another one.

…now if you want to say Entz & Co did not play underclassmen…there ya go

Green & Jaquise Alexander & Kopp started but off the top of my head can’t think of any other starters.

Im just saying they must not be worth a damn let them leave and start over

Seriously? Entz has been HC for 5 years and on staff for 10, you don't think any of his recruits have played???

I mean pretty easy decommit if you ask me. Here's likely how the conversation went:

SDSU: "hey woods, you realize that if you go to NDSU you will have to split carries with 4 other running backs, get the ball handed off to you 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage in shotgun formation. Not to mention they also run their QB like 20 times a game. If you come here, you can be a feature back and we will actually utilize your potential."

Quote Originally Posted by bison22 View Post
    I mean pretty easy decommit if you ask me. Here's likely how the conversation went:

SDSU: "hey woods, you realize that if you go to NDSU you will have to split carries with 4 other running backs, get the ball handed off to you 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage in shotgun formation. Not to mention they also run their QB like 20 times a game. If you come here, you can be a feature back and we will actually utilize your potential."
    Our offensive scheme did nothing to help get Woods here and the coaches need to own up to that.

Our "feature back" got 124 carries on the season and was 2nd to Cam with 135 carries. That's an average of less than 9 carries per game. RBs got 54% of the total carries.

I don't blame the kid for flipping. I hate his choice of school though.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013