Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Best Play in NDSU History

Default Re: Best Play in NDSU History

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    JMU Dynasty beginning right there. Real historic stuff.
    Beginning of the greatest run of championships ever. They combined with NDSU and SHSU to win 11 in a row!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't quit us can ya purple?
    No, I love you guys. I do miss what was shaping up to be quite a cross-country rivalry. No doubt you belong in FBS. Maybe this whole new P5 shake up will trickle down to the MWC and create an opening for you. Just don't go to CUSA or AAC. Both are mismanaged shitholes.

From a distance, I do see the bloom falling off the rose in Fargo, though. I believe your fan base is sick of FCS. Can't blame them. Just a matter of time before that affects everything from recruiting to attendance, if it hasn't already. My advice would be to go indy, kick the crap out of some FBS teams, and wait for that opening. With an FBS pedigree already, you will be a much more attractive candidate to FBS conferences with a seat to fill. I don't see why that is even controversial.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    No, I love you guys. I do miss what was shaping up to be quite a cross-country rivalry. No doubt you belong in FBS. Maybe this whole new P5 shake up will trickle down to the MWC and create an opening for you. Just don't go to CUSA or AAC. Both are mismanaged shitholes.

From a distance, I do see the bloom falling off the rose in Fargo, though. I believe your fan base is sick of FCS. Can't blame them. Just a matter of time before that affects everything from recruiting to attendance, if it hasn't already. My advice would be to go indy, kick the crap out of some FBS teams, and wait for that opening. With an FBS pedigree already, you will be a much more attractive candidate to FBS conferences with a seat to fill. I don't see why that is even controversial.
    Thanks for that dog shit advice. We'll consider it appropriately.

Thanks for that dog shit advice.
    No problem, dick breath. Glad I could help.
    Last edited by bulldogg; 08-06-2023 at 01:03 AM.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bulldog is right, NDSU should go Indy. There are enough schools to schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Bulldog is right, NDSU should go Indy. There are enough schools to schedule.
    Yep. With the coming implosion of the Pac-12, it appears that Stanford and Cal are going to be without a home. I believe they both sees themselves as well above the MWC, so my first guess is that they go indy.

I believe indy offers some exciting opportunities for scheduling, including pay games. Indy has its challenges, but it could set you up as a good candidate for the next FBS conference seat available.

The biggest problem I see is say you schedule Stanford and/or Cal and make $1.5 million per to kick their asses. Are they going to want to play you again? Nooooooo! Who are you going to schedule to play in Fargo? You will likely have to pay to get anyone to play there. What will the quality of those opponents be? Can you get a home and home with Minnesota or Iowa? I doubt it? How about K State with your connection there? I'm sure the Wabbits would do a home and home, and your fans would love it. It's an FCS opponent (want to only have one or two of those per season), but it's good football. Lots of possibilities. Doing nothing but the same old clobbering of the directional Illinois teams and other MVFC dregs is a mistake, IMO. You guys need to do something or in ten years you could find yourselves in the middle of the pack in an FCS conference with nowhere else to go. You are better than that. You have momentum on your side right now, but that can dwindle away quickly if you don't capitalize on it while you have it.

Can you all take yourselves, SDSU, Montana, EWU, and Montana State as a core for a new regional FBS conference?

Has your admin petitioned MWC for inclusion? That's the obvious place for you, but MWC teams are probably afraid that you will dominate the conference and are reluctant to let you in. That didn't stop us from getting into the Sun Belt, which we dominated from the jump, but we had help from some old FCS rivals who had moved up and helped us get in.

Where there's a will, there's a way, but don't squander the momentum you have.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Misery State wants to go and I think Illinois State could pull it off. I'd take that 7 team conference.

But honestly go talk to the Pac10. Do the hail mary
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Has your admin petitioned MWC for inclusion? That's the obvious place for you, but MWC teams are probably afraid that you will dominate the conference and are reluctant to let you in. That didn't stop us from getting into the Sun Belt, which we dominated from the jump

What an insufferable arrogant bastard ... suppose you think you dominated FCS with one noteworthy win the past decade.

Such amazing wisdom you bestow on us.

Yep. With the coming implosion of the Pac-12, it appears that Stanford and Cal are going to be without a home. I believe they both sees themselves as well above the MWC, so my first guess is that they go indy.

I believe indy offers some exciting opportunities for scheduling, including pay games. Indy has its challenges, but it could set you up as a good candidate for the next FBS conference seat available.

The biggest problem I see is say you schedule Stanford and/or Cal and make $1.5 million per to kick their asses. Are they going to want to play you again? Nooooooo! Who are you going to schedule to play in Fargo? You will likely have to pay to get anyone to play there. What will the quality of those opponents be? Can you get a home and home with Minnesota or Iowa? I doubt it? How about K State with your connection there? I'm sure the Wabbits would do a home and home, and your fans would love it. It's an FCS opponent (want to only have one or two of those per season), but it's good football. Lots of possibilities. Doing nothing but the same old clobbering of the directional Illinois teams and other MVFC dregs is a mistake, IMO. You guys need to do something or in ten years you could find yourselves in the middle of the pack in an FCS conference with nowhere else to go. You are better than that. You have momentum on your side right now, but that can dwindle away quickly if you don't capitalize on it while you have it.

Can you all take yourselves, SDSU, Montana, EWU, and Montana State as a core for a new regional FBS conference?

Has your admin petitioned MWC for inclusion? That's the obvious place for you, but MWC teams are probably afraid that you will dominate the conference and are reluctant to let you in. That didn't stop us from getting into the Sun Belt, which we dominated from the jump, but we had help from some old FCS rivals who had moved up and helped us get in.

The momentum has already started to dwindle. We have an Admin with no balls so there is no urgency to get anything done.