Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Verbal: Coy Okeson

Default Re: 2024 Verbal: Coy Okeson

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Coy not winning the 285 title this year would be one of the biggest upsets in the history of the ND state wrestling tournament. That’s how dominant he’s been this year.
    Is that more about the lack of competition or him being that good?

Quality in ND is often not evenly distributed, at least between the classes.
    College of Business Alumnus

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

He picked the other heavyweight up off his feet in the finals. He's that good. I think he would have won class A this year too eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    He picked the other heavyweight up off his feet in the finals. He's that good. I think he would have won class A this year too eh.
    Just from looking at the brackets it looked like class A lacked standouts. Wasn't overly impressed watching the finals either.

Picking up a guy that big is a good sign though for sure lol

Biggest championship upsets i recall off the top of my head were Steve Klamm beating Darren Hohbein at 125 I think....maybe 2007?

And Chris Bahm beating Michael Nord at 145 in 2010. Some kid from Oakes beating a some multi-champ from Wishek in 2007 was pretty big too. I just forget the names. Time flies.
    Last edited by ByeSonBusiness; 02-18-2024 at 06:13 AM.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

I’d say primarily the lack of competition. North Dakota high school wrestling,IMO, is pretty good considering the low population, but there’s generally not a ton of quality depth at the upper weights. I think Coy would be an extremely good d2 wrestler, but would have some struggles at the d1 level.
    If you look at the top heavyweights in d1 they were outside linebackers in football, not oline. Just speaks to their athleticism. .

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    https://www.inforum.com/sports/prep/...ium%3Dsharebar

Ben Roundy - Killdeer - was the other finalist at 285
    Some tough kids up Killdeer way.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Some tough kids up Killdeer way.
    Chew tobacca, chew tobacca, chew tobacca spit! If you ain't a cowboy you ain't shit!! Old school chant I remember from my yrs in Killdeer.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

I’d say primarily the lack of competition. North Dakota high school wrestling,IMO, is pretty good considering the low population, but there’s generally not a ton of quality depth at the upper weights. I think Coy would be an extremely good d2 wrestler, but would have some struggles at the d1 level.
    If you look at the top heavyweights in d1 they were outside linebackers in football, not oline. Just speaks to their athleticism. .
    Always gonna be tough to get a strong 285 class. Just not enough bodies like you were getting at.

I think out 125-170ish range is probably pretty solid. That 5x champ from Bismarck going to Nebraska is superb. Sad hes not gonna be a Bison

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I'm pretty sure sdsu has a multiple time state champ on their line....

But yeah I'm not saying Coy could wrestle d1. He's not fat. I was told he's actually lost weight playing basketball. About 250. So he's got some work to do. I'm sure him playing basketball on a ranked team in ND doesn't say anything about his athleticism either eh. Killdeer had a heavy weight who played ball too years ago. Old Bison business can remember 2007 and loves sucking class a dick. Ndsu grad are you my velva guy? Lolz.

The 160 lbs wrestler from killdeer was the real deal eh. Bombach.

Lardsin must go!

But yeah I'm not saying Coy could wrestle d1. He's not fat. I was told he's actually lost weight playing basketball. About 250. So he's got some work to do. I'm sure him playing basketball on a ranked team in ND doesn't say anything about his athleticism either eh. Killdeer had a heavy weight who played ball too years ago. Old Bison business can remember 2007 and loves sucking class a dick. Ndsu grad are you my velva guy? Lolz.

Scottie has that Class B small dick complex! I lived in Napoleon for years! Nothing but love for my hick brothers and sisters

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not from Velva but I know their head coach pretty well and my youngest wrestled with quite a few of their kids in Rattlers.