BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 2023 Preseason rankings

Athlons top 25 preseason
    https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...cs-top-25-2023

Analyst rankings here
    https://theanalyst.com/na/2023/01/fc...e-2023-season/

Hero Sports top 25
    https://herosports.com/herder-2023-f...n-top-25-bzbz/

Thus far, we seem to be the consensus preseason #2.
    I'd be happy if we can live up to that, get a top 2 seed, and return to Frisco.

Default Re: 2023 Preseason rankings

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Athlons top 25 preseason
    https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...cs-top-25-2023

Analyst rankings here
    https://theanalyst.com/na/2023/01/fc...e-2023-season/

Hero Sports top 25
    https://herosports.com/herder-2023-f...n-top-25-bzbz/

Thus far, we seem to be the consensus preseason #2.
    I'd be happy if we can live up to that, get a top 2 seed, and return to Frisco.
    . That all seems about right. Man... we lost some real talent to graduation though. Something like 9 guys are getting looks in the NFL.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    . That all seems about right. Man... we lost some real talent to graduation though. Something like 9 guys are getting looks in the NFL.
    And a good number of would be starters transferred to play elsewhere. By my count they'll only have 8 of 22 starters back and those losses don't include guys like Dom Jones and Marques Sigle who weren't starters last year but would've been this year.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    And a good number of would be starters transferred to play elsewhere. By my count they'll only have 8 of 22 starters back and those losses don't include guys like Dom Jones and Marques Sigle who weren't starters last year but would've been this year.
    How do you figure only 8? There's that many just on offense. All of the O Lineman have started at least 7 or 8 eight games a piece. Add in C Miller, T Williams and Mathis. Stoeffel has also started a lot.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Maybe now instead of speculating that the recruiting has been down, we will actually find out. My money is on: the recruiting has been just as good as in the past.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    How do you figure only 8? There's that many just on offense. All of the O Lineman have started at least 7 or 8 eight games a piece. Add in C Miller, T Williams and Mathis. Stoeffel has also started a lot.
    At least 7 back on offense alone and another 5 on defense depending on what you consider a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    At least 7 back on offense alone and another 5 on defense depending on what you consider a starter.

I would consider Moestart, Moestart, Darriett, Wisneiwski, Werts, Kubitz and Price all starters on D. Along with Huisman, Duttenhefer and Kava having a lot of reps.

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post

Seemed pretty clear to me the Kopp should have been a started last year.

I’m not nearly worried about the skill of our players as I am the ability of our coaches to get the best product on the field week in and week out. And that means personnel, play calling, team unity, everything.

I’m hopeful though. Don’t want to sound like a Debbie downer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Going off of who was starting when healthy the returning starters on offense: Miller, Mathis, Sundell, Poncius. On defense: E Mostaert, Derritt, Weerts/Kubitz, Wisniewski. I guess you could count Price too but seemed like Talbert and Eubanks were the starters.

However you want to slice it there was a ton of experience lost off last year's team. They'll need guys to step up at multiple positions to avoid a drop off and Cam Miller needs to take that next step.

Going off of who was starting when healthy the returning starters on offense: Miller, Mathis, Sundell, Poncius. On defense: E Mostaert, Derritt, Weerts/Kubitz, Wisniewski. I guess you could count Price too but seemed like Talbert and Eubanks were the starters.

However you want to slice it there was a ton of experience lost off last year's team. They'll need guys to step up at multiple positions to avoid a drop off and Cam Miller needs to take that next step.
    Didn't know Poncious ever started? What about Kubas? Believe Zabel started all yr as well. Westburg started at least 3 games the season prior as well as 6 or 7 games last yr.

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!