Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Summit Tournament

Default Re: 2023 Summit Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The Bunnies are either way better than us in all sports, or its a case of them living in their heads. I think it's the later. Mental weakness.
    Bullcrap. Matt Larson is the loser AD leading the Bison downward. How long does it take for Fans, Alumni and Teammakers to realize this pattern of decline. Track and field is the one sport NDSU is still doing well.

Well, as expected, ORU again wins the Summit League Tournament and heads to the NCAA Regional. The difficulty of coming back from the losers bracket was exemplified by the fact that SDSU's closer, Ryan Bourassa, was the Jackrabbits starter in today's game. Orel Roberts goes 26 and 1 against the Summit League and cruises to a 12-4 win over SDSU. The Golden Eagles out score their tournament opponents by a combined total of 36 to 8 over the three games they played. They now have an overall record of 72 -7 in Summit League tournament games. That, my friends, is called domination...
    Damn, I'm Good!

It's almost like it's an advantage being able to play home games before the end of April (which is roughly 75% into the college baseball regular season).

ORU on ESPN+ now up 3-1. just gotta win 1 more to super regionals
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

wow a lot of FCS teams in this (and former)

ORU PENN SAMFORD DBU alive
    Sam Houston/CCU too
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 06-05-2023 at 02:35 AM.

Off to super regional vs Oregon or Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Off to super regional vs Oregon or Xavier
    ORU and ISU(blue) advance to the supers.

Does the ncaa baseball tournament generate any revenue that trickles down to conferences with teams that advance? Thinking along the lines of how basketball gives revenue shares to conferences.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Does the ncaa baseball tournament generate any revenue that trickles down to conferences with teams that advance? Thinking along the lines of how basketball gives revenue shares to conferences.
    Don't know for sure, but one would have to assume it's very doubtful. I think we should be thankful that games are broadcast on ESPN, ESPN+, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc; especially now with the WCWS being played.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Don't know for sure, but one would have to assume it's very doubtful. I think we should be thankful that games are broadcast on ESPN, ESPN+, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc; especially now with the WCWS being played.
    The CWS is one of 5 NCAA championships that makes money, so it's possible. But it would be a fairly small amount. 85% of the NCAA revenue comes from the men's basketball tournament.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk