Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Coach Added

Default New Coach Added

Super excited for the addition to the coaching staff - Welcome to Hayden Hidlay!

Default Re: New Coach Added

Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingMom View Post
    Super excited for the addition to the coaching staff - Welcome to Hayden Hidlay!
    Awesome! Hayden is young, a great wrestler who was entertaining to watch, a big name, and has longstanding ties to coach Blanc.

I was hoping for a Gwiazdowski signing, but I'll gladly take this

Reading between the lines with this hire and parker and mora leaving, Marsden is gone right?

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    Reading between the lines with this hire and parker and mora leaving, Marsden is gone right?
    Right now Obe is the only coach listed on the NDSU site. Until Hidlay that is. Looks like there could be an entirely new staff. I hope they bring Sykora back though
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

That seems like a great hire. He should be a good fit for working with Franek and Caliendo.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Right now Obe is the only coach listed on the NDSU site. Until Hidlay that is. Looks like there could be an entirely new staff. I hope they bring Sykora back though
    What is Hayden best know for technique wise? I know he is 5 time AA but have not watched him wrestle enough to know what his best position is. If I recall, wasn't he explosively strong on his feet?

O.B. did an interview with moneyball podcast on same sight Matscouts is on. I got the impression that outside of him, it is an all new staff. Mentioned he was working on another coach but didn't want to say who till the ink is dry

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBison4U View Post
    What is Hayden best know for technique wise? I know he is 5 time AA but have not watched him wrestle enough to know what his best position is. If I recall, wasn't he explosively strong on his feet?

O.B. did an interview with moneyball podcast on same sight Matscouts is on. I got the impression that outside of him, it is an all new staff. Mentioned he was working on another coach but didn't want to say who till the ink is dry
    Hayden is above average at all aspects of college wrestling. Most of the matches I’ve watched him wrestle we’re in the quarters and semis at the NCAAs. Always had a great motor, very hard to keep down, willing to shoot no matter who he was wrestling. It always seemed to me that he had trouble finishing against the elite guys like Starocci and Nolf which happens to everyone. I think he’ll be a great partner for franek and Caliendo as they’ll have to be on their game to take him down.

What weight did hayden finish his career at and what do you suppose he walks around at now?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBison4U View Post
    What weight did hayden finish his career at and what do you suppose he walks around at now?
    He was AA 4x at 157 and then this past season at 174. No idea what he’d be at now but I wouldn’t think he’s much more than that

OU beat writer tweeted out he is hearing Marsden and Sykora are heading to Norman.

Screenshot_20230525_202423_Twitter.jpg