Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Offseason Moves

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU Offseason Moves

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Well follow your older brother then. That would be huge.
    Riley Habisch is no longer listed on the Wrestlestat BiZon roster.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Although grad transfers can essentially leave whenever they want.

Earlier, I was saying Pentz will beat Mora if they meet
    Think Pentz will go 285 permanently?

Some potentially back breaking speculation from Willie.

He said Pentz is in the portal (he said he saw a screenshot) and has heard from a very reliable source that Caliendo will transfer but is not in the portal.

He also doesn't understand how guys are getting in the portal still (grad transfers can get in any time and coaching changes create a 30 day window outside of normal portal dates) so perhaps he isn't the best source for portal info.

Losing Caliendo would be the ultimate back breaker. I think with Franek in town and Hidlay coming in as an assistant, NDSU makes the most sense for him this year. That being said, I would think he could get a very sizable NIL offer, if the numbers for guys like Truax and Nagao are to be believed.

Losing Pentz would sting but he is almost 25 and probably in his last year.

The timing of OUs coaching change really screwed NDSU over. A lot of portal guys had already chosen new schools and with NDSU being the last opening to be filled, created a scenario where NDSU's guys could survey the landscape later than others and be contacted by other staffs, which obviously, NEVER happens (written with heavy sarcasm)

Hopefully Willie is not correct, but losing Mora, Pentz, Parker, and Caliendo would be an absolute disaster and prime the Obe era to get off to a really rough start.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Some potentially back breaking speculation from Willie.

He said Pentz is in the portal (he said he saw a screenshot) and has heard from a very reliable source that Caliendo will transfer but is not in the portal.

He also doesn't understand how guys are getting in the portal still (grad transfers can get in any time and coaching changes create a 30 day window outside of normal portal dates) so perhaps he isn't the best source for portal info.

Losing Caliendo would be the ultimate back breaker. I think with Franek in town and Hidlay coming in as an assistant, NDSU makes the most sense for him this year. That being said, I would think he could get a very sizable NIL offer, if the numbers for guys like Truax and Nagao are to be believed.

Losing Pentz would sting but he is almost 25 and probably in his last year.

The timing of OUs coaching change really screwed NDSU over. A lot of portal guys had already chosen new schools and with NDSU being the last opening to be filled, created a scenario where NDSU's guys could survey the landscape later than others and be contacted by other staffs, which obviously, NEVER happens (written with heavy sarcasm)

Hopefully Willie is not correct, but losing Mora, Pentz, Parker, and Caliendo would be an absolute disaster and prime the Obe era to get off to a really rough start.
    Wow, that would certainly solidify my hatred for all things NIL and portal. Especially considering that the new coaching staff is probably going to be as good if not better than the last one. By the why, I did hear someplace that part of the reason Kish got the job at OU over some other candidates was to take advantage of NIL.

I actually just messaged Willie and he said MN is offering Caliendo a bag and in the portal...

And the real shocker...Franek entered the portal today.

This team is going to be awful for multiple years.

Oklahoma's coaching search debacle destroyed this program in the near term

To recap the offseason moves:
    Losses:
    Coach Kish to OU, and very likely Sykora and Marsden too.
    NCAA All-Americans Franek and Caliendo (who has 3 years of eligibility) entered the portal.
    NCAA qualifiers Pentz and Parker entered the portal
    NCAA alternate Mora transferred to Oklahoma.

Addition:
    Hayden Hidlay as an assistant coach.

They have to start getting some commits via the portal and ensure their recruits actually come.

Things are not fine.

Franek just received his MBA and gave this program 5 years, if he wants a new experience after the coaching change I can't be anything but appreciative of what he has done and how he represented the university.

A coaching change where all but one assistant leaves is going to be messy. Kish and his staff went and secured their bag, can't be too disappointed if these athletes try to do the same.
    Last edited by Portlandbison; 05-27-2023 at 12:43 AM.

I'd rather he stay, but if he leaves, I hope he gets a big NIL payout (they do happen in wrestling).

I have no ill will towards him for leaving. Like Portland said, he excelled on the mat and in the classroom (2 time elite 90 winner) and always represented with class.

The rest annoy me to varying degrees, but that is college athletics

https://youtu.be/K6TnWW1s4hE
    Well this represents what it looks like but we just need to hold on till things get better. ��
    Who is top achieving wrestler on the team left?

I don’t see Zach Silvis on the roster, was that mentioned already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk