Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obe Blanc the New Head Coach

Default Re: Obe Blanc the New Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    I heard some rumors, and I think it was on here too, that OU was forcing Kish to keep some of the current staff. That may have played a role in keeping Obe. I’m also hoping the athletic department stepped up and increased the HC’s salary so we’re at least paying our head coach more than the top assistant at most schools.
    I don't think Blanc took this job for the money. Think that most top assistants in the top 20 will be making more than what Blanc was offered. The coaches of the wrestling clubs at the top programs are going to be making more than Blanc.

There is no doubt NDSU made the right hire, the improvement in the program since Blanc came has been noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    I heard some rumors, and I think it was on here too, that OU was forcing Kish to keep some of the current staff. That may have played a role in keeping Obe. I’m also hoping the athletic department stepped up and increased the HC’s salary so we’re at least paying our head coach more than the top assistant at most schools.
    Wisconsin poached MSU-Mankato's head hockey coach, and then the heir-apparent at MSU-M*, and a handful of recruits and portals have gone MSU-M to UW, and even the director of hockey ops. The joke is did they take the skate sharpener too ... and is it the person, the machine, or both.

*making more as UW assistant than would have at MSU-M as HC

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Wisconsin poached MSU-Mankato's head hockey coach, and then the heir-apparent at MSU-M*, and a handful of recruits and portals have gone MSU-M to UW, and even the director of hockey ops. The joke is did they take the skate sharpener too ... and is it the person, the machine, or both.

*making more as UW assistant than would have at MSU-M as HC
    Sometimes having HC On your resume is worth more than the money.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

That's great news!

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Congrats to Obe!!!! This make me feel a lot more at ease about the future.
    I was nervous and still am. Wondering who he brings on for assistants/recruiters/training partners. Obi has the ability to raise the level of wrestling. He has skills in the room that truly are elite. It is not over, and the portal is still open.
    What I would give to be a fly on the wall in and around them boys right now. Are any of the recruits chiming in yet on their plans? Who do you think seals the deal with the new guys. Who is talking to the guys on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBison4U View Post
    I was nervous and still am. Wondering who he brings on for assistants/recruiters/training partners. Obi has the ability to raise the level of wrestling. He has skills in the room that truly are elite. It is not over, and the portal is still open.
    What I would give to be a fly on the wall in and around them boys right now. Are any of the recruits chiming in yet on their plans? Who do you think seals the deal with the new guys. Who is talking to the guys on campus.
    IMO the fact that Kish hasn’t already announced he’s taking any coaches with makes it feel like the rumors that OU wants his assistants to be OU alums or highly connected is true. That would mean the staff here would probably remain intact with Sykora getting a FT position and the addion of his replacement. Obe has to be the guy that ultimately gets them to stay but I’d say Franek is the guy that’s going to keep Caliendo here (for one more year at least).

Check out the article on Intermat where Obe talks about this is the reason why he came to ndsu in the first place. Talks about BiZon culture winning out over the vultures and his hope to take the BiZon wrestling club and freestyle focus up a notch.

Id of brought back bucky meslef but wtf do i know about wrastlin im no mick foley or nothin'