Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Obe Blanc the New Head Coach

  1. #1
    PaBizon's Avatar
    PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rochert, Mn
    Posts
    1,745

    Default Obe Blanc the New Head Coach

    Congrats to Obe!!!! This make me feel a lot more at ease about the future.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

  2. #2
    PaBizon's Avatar
    PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rochert, Mn
    Posts
    1,745

    Default Re: Obe Blanc the New Head Coach

    Hopefully this keeps everyone thats here and coming here on board. Great job by Larson for getting this thing done fast!!
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    NYC and Bucks County, PA
    Posts
    25,021

    Default Re: Obe Blanc the New Head Coach

    Congrats to Obe!

  4. #4
    NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Minot, ND
    Posts
    2,046

    Default Re: Obe Blanc the New Head Coach

    To me, this has a Klieman replacing Bohl type feel. I think Obe can take this program to another level. I wonder if Cam gets a paid assistant gig here now.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Why? Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    6,112

    Default Re: Obe Blanc the New Head Coach

    Can someone explain what the heck a college wrestling club is? Is it just the Freestyle/Greco arm of the wrestling program? I see that he used to coach the NC State club?
    College of Business Alumnus

  6. #6
    NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Minot, ND
    Posts
    2,046

    Default Re: Obe Blanc the New Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Can someone explain what the heck a college wrestling club is? Is it just the Freestyle/Greco arm of the wrestling program? I see that he used to coach the NC State club?
    Kind of. There’s a few high profile clubs specifically for post-graduates. They train wrestlers for national and international competition. I believe they’re 100% privately funded. Nittany Lion Wrestling Club, Hawkeye Wrestling Club, and Sunkist Kids are a few of the more high profile ones.

  7. #7
    PaBizon's Avatar
    PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rochert, Mn
    Posts
    1,745

    Default Re: Obe Blanc the New Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    To me, this has a Klieman replacing Bohl type feel. I think Obe can take this program to another level. I wonder if Cam gets a paid assistant gig here now.
    100% agree. Equal to better coach with far better people skills.

    I always said the difference between Bohl and Klieman could be described by the weekly coaches show. Under Bohl it was the Craig Bohl show. Under Klieman it was the BiZon football show with Chris Klieman. IMO youíre right about it feeling the same way.

    Pay Sykora!!!!
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Milliken, CO
    Posts
    369

    Default Re: Obe Blanc the New Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Kind of. There’s a few high profile clubs specifically for post-graduates. They train wrestlers for national and international competition. I believe they’re 100% privately funded. Nittany Lion Wrestling Club, Hawkeye Wrestling Club, and Sunkist Kids are a few of the more high profile ones.
    NDSU has their own. https://www.bisonwrestlingclub.com/

    They have a youth club and it includes the NDSU wrestlers competing like ndsu_grad mentioned. Kish asked for donations to go to the BWC. Its also provides some money to go to the BWC coach, who is the NDSU volunteer coach (cam sykora). Mora wore the "interesting" BWC uniform at the open last week.

    Screenshot_20230505_083917_Chrome.jpg

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Secret bunker deep under REA, 58202
    Posts
    4,131

    Default Re: Obe Blanc the New Head Coach

    NDSU is fortunate to keep Blanc after losing Kish. Often coaches take their staff with them.

  10. #10
    NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Minot, ND
    Posts
    2,046

    Default Re: Obe Blanc the New Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    NDSU is fortunate to keep Blanc after losing Kish. Often coaches take their staff with them.
    I heard some rumors, and I think it was on here too, that OU was forcing Kish to keep some of the current staff. That may have played a role in keeping Obe. I’m also hoping the athletic department stepped up and increased the HC’s salary so we’re at least paying our head coach more than the top assistant at most schools.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •