Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
Allow me to relate my story: In 1967, my HS played basketball against Dickey, ND High School. The walls at the ends of the court were the out of bounds barrier. To inbound the ball your back had to be against the wall. The free throw circle and the center jump circle intersected. The 10 second line was the free throw line extended on the other side of the court. Only good thing about the joint was that you never got winded.
I went to Balta from K-8 and our court wasn't much better to be honest. The top of the free throw circle and half court were very close to each other, but didn't quite touch. The court was also more narrow than standard, so you couldn't stand in the corner and hit a 3 point shot because you would have been out of bounds at that point. The short court worked to our advantage most times as opposing players couldn't get the timing down and would often run out of bounds or end up throwing the ball out of bounds expecting their teammate to be able to go to where the ball was going.