Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ndsu top 10 fcs players all time

Default Re: Ndsu top 10 fcs players all time

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Nelson made 3 pro bowls, Tyrone Braxton 1 pro bowl plus won 2 superbowls.
    Yup... they were great. I agree that they should be high on the list.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Keep it in the d2 thread please. That ain't fcs highest level players eh. Ridiculous eh.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

D2 Phil sounds way better then bills wall of famer eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    1776 tackles for the Patriots: Legendary! (and for much of his career, the regular season was only 10 games long.)
    I think the NFL regular season was only scheduled for 10 games during WWII. Nelson played from 74-87 so he played in seasons scheduled for 14 and 16 games.

Here’s my Top 10 list, and I decided to disregard anything these players did AFTER their time with NDSU (in the FCS), so basically only stuff they did as Bison. I also included some reasoning next to each player, and a short honorable mention list. Enjoy!

1. Easton Stick – He is arguably the greatest FCS football player ever. Period.
    2. Trey Lance – 2019 is the greatest single season by any FCS QB ever
    3. Marcus Williams – Arguably the greatest defensive player we’ve had
    4. Jabril Cox – Same answer as above, I think you could argue both
    5. Brock Jensen – The captain who started the run, you never forget your first time
    6. Dillon Radunz – Of all the O-Linemen we’ve produced, he was the most dominant
    7. Bruce Anderson – Guy could do everything, IMO the best RB we’ve had
    8. Zach Vraa – The best pure ball catcher we’ve ever had and a few SC top ten clips
    9. Carson Wentz – He kinda put NDSU on the map in the national sense more than anyone, can’t leave him off any all time lists
    10. Christian Watson – Probably the best player on these more recent teams, needed to get him the ball more, to be honest

Honorable mentions: Jimmy Football, Billy Turner, Joe Mays, Travis Beck, Kyle Emanuel, Grant Olson, Jackson Hankey, Hunter Luepke
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Here’s my Top 10 list, and I decided to disregard anything these players did AFTER their time with NDSU (in the FCS), so basically only stuff they did as Bison. I also included some reasoning next to each player, and a short honorable mention list. Enjoy!

5. Brock Jensen – The captain who started the run, you never forget your first time
    6. Dillon Radunz – Of all the O-Linemen we’ve produced, he was the most dominant
    8. Zach Vraa – The best pure ball catcher we’ve ever had and a few SC top ten clips
    9. Carson Wentz – He kinda put NDSU on the map in the national sense more than anyone, can’t leave him off any all time lists
    10. Christian Watson – Probably the best player on these more recent teams, needed to get him the ball more, to be honest

Honorable mentions: Jimmy Football, Billy Turner, Joe Mays, Travis Beck, Kyle Emanuel, Grant Olson, Jackson Hankey, Hunter Luepke
    Good list. I'd add John Crockett in there somewhere. Probably Heagle too.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Good list. I'd add John Crockett in there somewhere. Probably Heagle too.
    Yeah. I think Walker and Heckendorf probably deserve to be added to the Honorable Mentions…

Would have been fun to see Lamar Gordon in the FCS era. Was my idol as a kid. Timmerman (I think?)shook me off my game during "Kids do the News" by informing me he got arrested the night before.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post

Glad to see Hankey mentioned here. I think last season demonstrated what a stalwart he was.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Glad to see Hankey mentioned here. I think last season demonstrated what a stalwart he was.
    Probably one of the more underrated players we’ve ever had… the defense was completely different without him running the show to the tune of 10 more ppg allowed.