Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patty Corwin retires

Default Re: Patty Corwin retires

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Pretty much! However, she was a little more open about it than what I saw from others. With all that said, college was good for me to learn to see things from other perspectives and I did very much value that part of the class. I was fascinated about when we talked about Carl Marx's social theories and it really helped me understand why his message is so addictive, even if completely misguided. (And in fairness, he was not completely off base on everything....)
    Good answer!
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I had Corwin as well...I think everybody did. It was a fun class. She definitely protrayed herself as an understanding type of professor...but when push came to shove she didn't exactly practice what she preached (at least in one instance). Buddy of mine decided to enact one of the stories she gave in class. He sat in on a test and right after it started he jumped up, yelled something about not being able to take it any more (I am really paraphrasing here...wasn't there, and it was a long, long time ago, in a classroom not that far away) and then ran out. Big problem I believe is he took the test with him (again...relying on memory here). Corwin called the police and went on the rampage. My buddy heard about this, and turned himself in right away, explaining he was doing the social experiment according to her class. She would hear none of it...she said he was stealing the test to give/sell. She would hear of nothing less than him getting expelled. He was kicked out for a period...can't remember now if it was for a year or just that semester. She did her best to ruin him...was really tough to see her act that way. Don't get me wrong, what he did was stupid...but that was his type of personality...gotta test the system. I love that guy.*

*As a bro**
    **Not as a dude***
    ***Stick that guy on a ranch in Montana...he'd of been a dude.****
    ****Not a bro

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I had Corwin as well...I think everybody did. It was a fun class. She definitely protrayed herself as an understanding type of professor...but when push came to shove she didn't exactly practice what she preached (at least in one instance). Buddy of mine decided to enact one of the stories she gave in class. He sat in on a test and right after it started he jumped up, yelled something about not being able to take it any more (I am really paraphrasing here...wasn't there, and it was a long, long time ago, in a classroom not that far away) and then ran out. Big problem I believe is he took the test with him (again...relying on memory here). Corwin called the police and went on the rampage. My buddy heard about this, and turned himself in right away, explaining he was doing the social experiment according to her class. She would hear none of it...she said he was stealing the test to give/sell. She would hear of nothing less than him getting expelled. He was kicked out for a period...can't remember now if it was for a year or just that semester. She did her best to ruin him...was really tough to see her act that way. Don't get me wrong, what he did was stupid...but that was his type of personality...gotta test the system. I love that guy.*

*As a bro**
    **Not as a dude***
    ***Stick that guy on a ranch in Montana...he'd of been a dude.****
    ****Not a bro

That sounds legendary and selling the test would have been a sound business decision for added benefit.

This guy should really have Lakes job as head of FBS expansion.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    That sounds legendary and selling the test would have been a sound business decision for added benefit.

The guy really should write a book on his memoirs. Another one of his exploits involved mocking/antagonizing a very conservative Christian group that was protesting outside the Memorial Union. They would yell FORNICATION, and he would cheer back YEAH!!! Then he wrapped his leg around around a person and dry-humped the person's leg. For the life of me, I can't remember if he knew the person, or if the person was a guy or girl.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

Funny thing is when I took Organic Chemistry when I was a sophomore, someone pulled that exact prank. Screamed out "This is just a big load of shit!" through the test up in the air, and stormed out. The professor, who was a big ass, made some kind of smart remark, and don't think anything ever came of it.

Even funnier part of the story is none of us were sure if he was in the class or not, so there is a small chance it was real, as that may have been the hardest 2 classes I ever took in college. I do admit the joke theory is much more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Funny thing is when I took Organic Chemistry when I was a sophomore, someone pulled that exact prank. Screamed out "This is just a big load of shit!" through the test up in the air, and stormed out. The professor, who was a big ass, made some kind of smart remark, and don't think anything ever came of it.

Even funnier part of the story is none of us were sure if he was in the class or not, so there is a small chance it was real, as that may have been the hardest 2 classes I ever took in college. I do admit the joke theory is much more likely.
    should have just asked scottie for help bro
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I watched someone in MIS filling out two scantrons on a final test. Its one thing to cheat by giving your buddy a clicker to get participation points...another to not even take your tests.
    College of Business Alumnus

AlumniGreen is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I watched someone in MIS filling out two scantrons on a final test. Its one thing to cheat by giving your buddy a clicker to get participation points...another to not even take your tests.
    Big loss to NDSU. Patty had the most beautiful face which aged well, and sparkling personality. i think at one time she taught self-defense to women. I never knew if she was related to the Corwin car people or not.