Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Commit: RB Kelly Watson

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2023 Commit: RB Kelly Watson

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Guys, He said it screams PWO, not that it screams that the kid sucks and he shouldnt have been offered.

If you all stop rage tweeting for 5 seconds, you will realize that his offer list does, in fact, scream PWO. thats not bad, its just an accurate observation lol.

There are many reasons to criticize Chapo, but this isnt one of them
    I was just agreeing with Mr Puetz's point.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Guys, He said it screams PWO, not that it screams that the kid sucks and he shouldnt have been offered.

If you all stop rage tweeting for 5 seconds, you will realize that his offer list does, in fact, scream PWO. thats not bad, its just an accurate observation lol.

There are many reasons to criticize Chapo, but this isnt one of them
    You are correct. My point was who cares....???? Once the commit to the team they are Bison and I don't care if they were the waterboy on their church flag football team. It gets disturbing to point out every recruits inadequacies, perceived or real. Be happy they are committing and until they prove otherwise they deserve our respect. Making comments about the kid only being a PWO, zero, one, two or three stars does nothing but make you look like an elitist pain in the arse. Worry more about the quality or their character and less about the quality of their ability to self promote. Lots of the best Bison have been under recruited over achievers and when you say this screams PWO you are attempting to belittle or lesson the impact this kid may or may not have. Lets hope he is a diamond in the rough. And wish him the best in his journey.

My concern is recruiting in general under Entz has not been anything special....just saying.

Gotta agree that recruiting under Entz has been disappointing.

As far as all the, ridicule Chapo and try to be funny stuff; it isn't funny any longer, it is just too played. Frankly it's getting so old it's nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by wan2bqb View Post
    You are correct. My point was who cares....???? Once the commit to the team they are Bison and I don't care if they were the waterboy on their church flag football team. It gets disturbing to point out every recruits inadequacies, perceived or real. Be happy they are committing and until they prove otherwise they deserve our respect. Making comments about the kid only being a PWO, zero, one, two or three stars does nothing but make you look like an elitist pain in the arse. Worry more about the quality or their character and less about the quality of their ability to self promote. Lots of the best Bison have been under recruited over achievers and when you say this screams PWO you are attempting to belittle or lesson the impact this kid may or may not have. Lets hope he is a diamond in the rough. And wish him the best in his journey.
    When you get to Fargo they are all treated the same Wether your a full ride or a walk on so maybe we should do the same

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Recruiting is like drafting. A lot of educated guesses. Sometimes you do better than others. Sometimes you have no control how someone will respond to being away from home for the first time and competing with others as good as you.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    My concern is recruiting in general under Entz has not been anything special....just saying.
    Agreed, Weirdly, I feel like our "average" recruit is rated higher than in the past (maybe I'm wrong) but I feel like the hit rate is getting lower and lower.

Again, could be waaaay off on this but that is my perception of the last few years. But then again, we are supremely spoiled by the previous 8 seasons or whatever where everything we touched turned to GOLD. Every fricken kid we got was all-conference or all american or all world level regardless of stars or offers. It was absolutely insane
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Gotta agree that recruiting under Entz has been disappointing.

As far as all the, ridicule Chapo and try to be funny stuff; it isn't funny any longer, it is just too played. Frankly it's getting so old it's nauseating.
    Agree. I said last year what I have seen. Recruiting coaching and play are slowing eroding under Entz. Example of the roster. We have had players drafted for years. After this draft where are Entz recruits that are getting drafted? I honestly can’t think of one. That means either we are not recruiting the talent. Or not developing it under Entz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agreed, Weirdly, I feel like our "average" recruit is rated higher than in the past (maybe I'm wrong) but I feel like the hit rate is getting lower and lower.

Again, could be waaaay off on this but that is my perception of the last few years. But then again, we are supremely spoiled by the previous 8 seasons or whatever where everything we touched turned to GOLD. Every fricken kid we got was all-conference or all american or all world level regardless of stars or offers. It was absolutely insane
    I was reading an article on ESPN about their top "portal sleepers" and it was interesting how they were all zero star or low rated players out of high school that spent a year or two at G5 or FCS schools and now they are being offered by P5 schools the day they hit the portal. I imagine our coaches arent only paying attention to 247 rankings and that they are more interested in game tape, camp performance, and overall judge of character when recruiting kids.

The problem is that no one wants to admit that the kids we are recruiting now were 5-6 years old when this run started. And if you want to look at the early Craig Bohl days as the "turn around" some of these kids weren't even born! The atmosphere of college football has completely changed in that time. With the explosion of social media and expansion of recruitment services, kids that we could pluck out of our backyard arent going unnoticed anymore.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Agree. I said last year what I have seen. Recruiting coaching and play are slowing eroding under Entz. Example of the roster. We have had players drafted for years. After this draft where are Entz recruits that are getting drafted? I honestly can’t think of one. That means either we are not recruiting the talent. Or not developing it under Entz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So far I'm kinda neutral on Entz, and his coaching and recruiting abilities. As far as recruiting goes who knows how some of his recruits are gonna turn out. The 2 Bison who are most likely to be drafted this yr are Mauch and Leupke, did anything about either of those 2 scream NFL prospect when they joined the program? Mauch a PWO and Leupke with one other offer from UNI, if my memory serves. I guess my point is that it's gonna be a couple more years before folks see how his recruiting and development turns out.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!