Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bing AI

Default Bing AI

I asked Bing's AI what the best fcs program of all-time was? Spoiler: I already knew the answer.

Here's what it said:

That’s a subjective question that may depend on different criteria and opinions. However, based on some possible factors such as national championships, playoff appearances, conference titles and win percentage, one could argue that North Dakota State is the best FCS football program of all time.The Bison have won a record nine national championships (all since 2011), have a 44-4 record in FCS playoff games, have won 10 Missouri Valley Conference titles and have the two longest win streaks in FCS history (36 and 33 games)*1 *2. They also have a .667 win percentage, which is tied for fourth among FCS teams *3.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bing AI

Most of that seems obvious, but how the hell are we "tied for fourth" in win percentage?

I would have thought we were higher than 0.667, is that all-time or FCS only?

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Most of that seems obvious, but how the hell are we "tied for fourth" in win percentage?

That's all-time. Grambling, Yale and Harvard are the three programs that I show as having higher all-time win percentages. I think NDSU can catch Grambling next year and Harvard by the end of the decade.

Edit: If you only count FCS seasons, then NDSU does have the highest win percentage at .838. And St. Thomas is second with .809! The thing is that the NCAA ignores transitional years so they don't think that St. Thomas has had any FCS games yet. The NCAA wouldn't count NDSU's first four seasons either (which would actually push NDSU's FCS winning percentage up a bit.)

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post

Has to be all time.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Me: what is the greatest fcs program of all time?
    ChatGPT: It's difficult to determine the greatest FCS (Football Championship Subdivision) program of all time as there have been many successful programs throughout the history of FCS football. However, a few programs have consistently performed well and have had sustained success over many years.

One such program is North Dakota State University, which has won eight national championships since 2011 and has had an impressive winning percentage over the past decade. Another program that has been consistently successful is Appalachian State University, which won three consecutive national championships from 2005-2007 and has also had sustained success over the years.

Other successful FCS programs include Montana, Eastern Washington, James Madison, and Georgia Southern, among others. Ultimately, the greatest FCS program of all time is a matter of personal opinion and can depend on factors such as championships won, overall win-loss record, and sustained success over time.

Me: Who is the greatest NDSU football player of all time?
    ChatGPT:North Dakota State University has had many great football players over the years, but one player that stands out as the greatest of all time is Carson Wentz. Wentz played quarterback for NDSU from 2012 to 2015 and led the team to two national championships in 2014 and 2015.

During his time at NDSU, Wentz set numerous school and conference records, including career passing yards and touchdown passes. He was also named the Most Outstanding Player of the FCS National Championship Game in both 2014 and 2015.

After his successful college career, Wentz was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft and has gone on to have a successful professional career. Despite only playing four seasons at NDSU, Wentz's impact on the program and his success at the next level make him the greatest NDSU football player of all time.

Me: The correct answer was Easton Stick, bro.
    ChatGPT: While Easton Stick had an outstanding career at NDSU and is certainly one of the program's all-time greats, the question of who the greatest NDSU football player of all time is somewhat subjective and can depend on various factors such as individual statistics, team success, and impact on the program.

Carson Wentz was not only a standout quarterback during his time at NDSU but also played a significant role in leading the team to two national championships. He holds many school and conference records and was a two-time winner of the Walter Payton Award, which is given annually to the most outstanding offensive player in the FCS.

Both Wentz and Stick have had success in the NFL, but ultimately, the answer to this question can be a matter of personal opinion.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

^^^Remember that post next time someone tells you AI is going to take over the world.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    ^^^Remember that post next time someone tells you AI is going to take over the world.
    Lol, “2-time winner of the Walter Payton Award”…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

123Gobison is skynet.

Lardsin must go!

Ask it why NDSU hasn't moved up to FBS!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Ask it why NDSU hasn't moved up to FBS!
    It said that we hadn't called enough FBS ADs.