Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

Default Re: Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

I dont know where to begin, some people in this town don't know how to think, it feels like that to me. I have been to so many events in indoor arenas and sat in corporate/business suites, those things are huge money makers, The amount of high profile events, corporate connections, high class women, wine, food and luxury those things attract is unimaginable. Fargodome is a effing cow shed now. Dear chairman please tear down those walls. Build a Fargodome 2.0, Tacomadome of the North.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    I dont know where to begin, some people in this town don't know how to think, it feels like that to me. I have been to so many events in indoor arenas and sat in corporate/business suites, those things are huge money makers, The amount of high profile events, corporate connections, high class women, wine, food and luxury those things attract is unimaginable. Fargodome is a effing cow shed now. Dear chairman please tear down those walls. Build a Fargodome 2.0, Tacomadome of the North.
    Nobody care what YOU think, so it's even steven.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Because the highest and best use for any open space is to, pave it and leave it empty 95% of the time just in case someone might want to put their car there someday.
    We live in an area where a good portion of the population don't do things if it is too much of an inconvenience. I'm mainly talking about making decisions based on the weather, but yes parking falls under that also. There isn't enough room to park for football games the way it is. Concerts that I've been to is the same way. Even parking for the SHAC either consists of parking in the dome parking lot or a long cold walk from whatever student lot is over there that doesn't get plowed all that well due to students cars not moving. So yes parking needs to be a consideration for whatever project this turns into or it will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    We live in an area where a good portion of the population don't do things if it is too much of an inconvenience. I'm mainly talking about making decisions based on the weather, but yes parking falls under that also. There isn't enough room to park for football games the way it is. Concerts that I've been to is the same way. Even parking for the SHAC either consists of parking in the dome parking lot or a long cold walk from whatever student lot is over there that doesn't get plowed all that well due to students cars not moving. So yes parking needs to be a consideration for whatever project this turns into or it will fail.
    I guess you’ve got to decide who’s right then. The people who are saying that convention centers require attached hotels because convenience or the people who are saying that every fucking thing that I ever want to do ever is only worth doing if I can park right in front of it every fucking time I want to do it always because convenience.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    How feasible is this due to parking constraints? Everyone has always said they'd build one in that spot, but that would kill a lot of parking for everything in that area, including the Dome, SHAC and convention center/hotel.

Now could this become more feasible if they did the unthinkable and tear down Dakota Field?
    The hotel could be required to build tall or build a parking ramp. The funds from leasing or selling the property could go towards building one or they could share the cost. Besides with a convention center, parking revenue will go through the roof

The dome has a crap load of parking and that doesnt even incluse the free parking behind the SHAC, indoor track, and Newman Outdoor Field. The events over 20,000 are rare, so it wont even put a dent in it. Football games last year you could park 5 minutes before kickoff.

Lost in the discussion is just how needed a restaurant the hotel could provide is. It kills the vibe of the area. If you want a pre game drink, B Dubs is your only option and its impossible to find seating. Its not super close in sub zero weather either, especially for out of state visitors.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 04-18-2023 at 11:24 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

A new stadium... and the FBS are needed... but neither will happen. The ship has sailed on those issues.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I just imagine Audit shows up to tailgating and spends the first 15 minutes yelling at the parking lot for being lazy lol

Not that I don’t somewhat agree with him. We are way too far-dependent as a society. But what are you going to do? It’s below freezing literally half the time in Fargo and the City and its public transportation infrastructure isn’t built for reducing dependency on cars. Fargo isn’t going to turn into Amsterdam if we just decide to reduce the number of parking spaces.

Maybe there’s hope with automated vehicle-sharing in the future?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    A new stadium... and the FBS are needed... but neither will happen. The ship has sailed on those issues.
    Thanks Matt Larson what a visionary!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I guess you’ve got to decide who’s right then. The people who are saying that convention centers require attached hotels because convenience or the people who are saying that every fucking thing that I ever want to do ever is only worth doing if I can park right in front of it every fucking time I want to do it always because convenience.
    an attached hotel with a kickass bar/restaurant attached to the fargodome and shac would be awesome!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I just imagine Audit shows up to tailgating and spends the first 15 minutes yelling at the parking lot for being lazy lol

Not that I don’t somewhat agree with him. We are way too far-dependent as a society. But what are you going to do? It’s below freezing literally half the time in Fargo and the City and its public transportation infrastructure isn’t built for reducing dependency on cars. Fargo isn’t going to turn into Amsterdam if we just decide to reduce the number of parking spaces.

Maybe there’s hope with automated vehicle-sharing in the future?
    The city is built like the suburbs pretty much everywhere but Downtown. The dome area has some potential since most college kids walk, as do Bison fans. We certainly dont have a parking shortage at or near the dome. A few more skyways and an athletics village could do some wonders

People can walk a bit from April through October, which is still about 60% of the time

I do like the direction were going with mixed use but you can only do so many of those. Although as land gets spendier they may be more common

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com