Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

Default Re: Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

Need more seating!!!! What do we need a convention center for at the Fargodome???

Quote Originally Posted by jcdcubs View Post
    Need more seating!!!! What do we need a convention center for at the Fargodome???
    For the other 355 days of the year when we arent using the dome?

May be we could try this?????

https://www.nba.com/news/deer-distri...s-in-milwaukee
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Where are you going to put additional seats without tearing out the columns that support the roof? Plus we'll be lucky to get 10,000 at the games with the "Bison fatigue" I keep reading about.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    For the other 355 days of the year when we arent using the dome?

May be we could try this?????

https://www.nba.com/news/deer-distri...s-in-milwaukee
    Well to his point the convention center is probably more useful the days we ARE using the dome. The Dome already functions as a convention center lol. Why do we need another one right next door?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well to his point the convention center is probably more useful the days we ARE using the dome. The Dome already functions as a convention center lol. Why do we need another one right next door?
    Have you been to a convention in the dome. When they used to host them it was terrible. It is in no way set up to be a true convention center.

Large open space does not automatically equal convention center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=TAILG8R;1623552]I think too many Bison fans don't remember the Fargodome was not built for NDSU and is not going to be upgraded for NDSU. In some way I might suggest we should be happy that the city is putting millions of $$ into upgrading the facility that NDSU plays in. As it was said before their are about 8-9 football games(NDSU) a year at the dome and how many hundreds of other events?[/QUOTE

Precisely. There are far too many Bison- and football-centric fans around here. It is NOT about you. It is about the City of Fargo. I always say "as Fargo goes, so goes NDSU."

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Agree with most of this. This is a massive upgrade for dome amenities. Bathrooms and concourse way past due, and Wifi would be a nice bonus if they can fit that in. Currently the seating is adequate. This does fit most of our needs and will modernize the structure and give it a new feel.

If we need a larger stadium for a FBS conference, that will have to be figured out separately. Fargo will never build that for us.
    I sort of wonder if people are ready to sign up for $100m in taxes, but there's a good case for it. $300-500m for a new stadium won't fly.

As far as FBS invites go:
    MAC would be perfectly fine, they are generally drawing around 15-20k or less.
    MWC might want more capacity, but I don't see it as a deal breaker. We might need to expand later.
    AAC required Charlotte to commit to stadium expansion (30k capacity) as an entry condition, so there it might be a no go. But I don't think we're likely in the mix there anyhow. Too many other schools they would invite first. They also want big cities/markets like Houston, New Orleans, Charlotte, etc.
    P5 level would definitely require it, but thats not realistic for the next 20 years.
    Millions of dollars for green seats???? I agree the seats should always have been green, not blue or red. That would have made the empty seats less conspicuous. I would like to know if the blue seats can't be repainted green instead of replaced or else just paint them yellow (yellow + blue equals green). Nobody looks at frugality anymore. Cost-cutting is a dirty word. A cryin' shame.

Read articles. Fargo is losing convention site bids to such ghastly cities as Bismarck, St. Cloud and Duluth and others. We need to step up our game. It is an embarrassment to lose a convention bid to Bismarck. They hate Fargo BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    or West Fargo??
    As an older person, I grew up with West Fargo being the town with the packing plant (Federal Beef). It had a piss-poor reputation as a packing plant town back then. Now they are surpassing Fargo in some markers of economics and stature and status, and it is an embarrassment. I still would not be caught dead living in West Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I am pretty sure the video control room was moved several years ago. It is no longer under the north seats.

The tower in the R lot is a temporary cell tower. Nothing to do with NDSU, except they are probably getting some rent. The reason is the red and white water tower on 10th street is going to be removed. The cell providers are losing that structure to mount their hardware.
    That red and white water tower on 10th Street North is an infamous landmark. I see it daily as I live in North Fargo with my (male) husband. I often wonder what it is like to have a home close to or even under a water tower. Imagine living next door to one, and opening your drapes in the morning and Christ! You are gazing at the bottom of that creepy water tower. Back in the day when teens would do pranks, they would scale a water tower and paint '69 on it. Things like that. Removing the red and white water tower will be an incredible feat. I would LOVE to see how they dismantle it.