Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

Default Re: Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

Excellent work boys... thought if I read every post on this page I'd find some exciting Fargodome expansion news, but quality posting by all has shown me the error of my ways.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Excellent work boys... thought if I read every post on this page I'd find some exciting Fargodome expansion news, but quality posting by all has shown me the error of my ways.
    You’re welcome.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    If a Dome Expansion Meeting happens in the woods but no one is there to hear it, can we still remove the corner pillars to add more seating?
    Top tier post right here- good work
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Delayed again. Here is the email I got

Sorry, looks like this meeting has been pushed back again. It hasn’t been officially announced yet, but at the moment it’s planned for May 16 at 11:30am.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot;1616565[B
    ]Delayed again[/B]. Here is the email I got

Sorry, looks like this meeting has been pushed back again. It hasn’t been officially announced yet, but at the moment it’s planned for May 16 at 11:30am.
    They are pranking you!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    They are pranking you!!
    That's what I was thinking. Taxpayer funded trolling lol

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    We live in an area where a good portion of the population don't do things if it is too much of an inconvenience. I'm mainly talking about making decisions based on the weather, but yes parking falls under that also. There isn't enough room to park for football games the way it is. Concerts that I've been to is the same way. Even parking for the SHAC either consists of parking in the dome parking lot or a long cold walk from whatever student lot is over there that doesn't get plowed all that well due to students cars not moving. So yes parking needs to be a consideration for whatever project this turns into or it will fail.
    People need to quit with the excuses of having to walk a block or two and feeling that a quarter million parking lot has to be built because they can't get off their fat asses and walk a little bit. And heaven forbid, it would be cold. My God, society has become not only weak but frail and whiny. I hope we don't ever have World War III. With all the pussies around here, we would lose to whoever our opponents were in a war. My God, people start walking. You are all in heart-attack country if you can't get out of your vehicle and walk a few blocks. There are no words. Out of shape NoDaks My GOD...

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Nice, 1% of the entire FM metro is arguably walkable. Ironically it’s the oldest part of town, not the newest. Don’t blink, Amsterdam here we come!
    Ten years ago, a walkability expert (it is a thing) came to Fargo from Los Angeles to talk about making walkable communities. He had never been to Fargo before so he took a tour of the town, particularly the area that is urban sprawl. I was present at the conference and the guy said, "my God, Fargo has so much concrete (parking lots and triple driveways). I have never seen so much." I spoke up and said, "don't tell that to the average Fargoan. They will take it as a compliment." I don't think Fargo is in the Blue Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    A hotel tax including west fargo or through the convention and visitors bureau would need west fargo approval is my understanding. If this is the case, WF does not want the money to go to north Fargo. If you recall there has been talk through the years of a facility near west Acres or on the Brandt land near Scheels arena to get WF buy in.

Upgrading the dome w/o using a convention would have access to the Fargodome reserve.
    The Fargo-Moorhead Science Museum (a HUGE project which benefits Fargo immensely) is going to be on land donated by the Brandt family in the area near Scheels Arena. It won't be built until the Science Museum raises the money but it will be a MASSIVE project.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    There’s the river and parks in downtown FM. Public transit or Ride share in town. Rent a car if you want/need to get out of town (also airplanes).
    You don't have to go car-free but you could minimize car usage dramatically. I see neighbors driving one block to visit their kids. We think long and hard before we take one of the vehicles out. Do we really need to drive, can we walk? Being retired, we have all the time in the world.