Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

Default Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

*EDIT*

Fargo will vote Dec 5th to expand the dome

Resheduled to May 3rd

We've been waiting for years but my gut says club seating, expanded concourses, more restrooms (especially for the ladies), expanded food options and a convention center. I've heard it would be paid for with surplus and a hotel tax. It might go to a vote, which I think is unnecessary and stupid for a hotel tax, which wont even be paid for by locals. IMO it should be a a city commission vote. But maybe it wont
    Last edited by HerdBot; 08-30-2023 at 11:32 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We've been waiting for years but my gut says club seating, expanded concourses, more restrooms (especially for the ladies), expanded food options and a convention center. I've heard it would be paid for with surplus and a hotel tax. It might go to a vote, which I think is unnecessary and stupid for a hotel tax, which wont even be paid for by locals. IMO it should be a a city commission vote. But maybe it wont
    Putting lipstick on a pig. They need to start thinking about it's replacement at this point. These types of buildings lifespans are getting shorter and shorter, used to be 50-70 years now it's more like 30-40. The amount of updates and coding changes get too expensive at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Putting lipstick on a pig. They need to start thinking about it's replacement at this point. These types of buildings lifespans are getting shorter and shorter, used to be 50-70 years now it's more like 30-40. The amount of updates and coding changes get too expensive at some point.
    Sobolik was on the radio anf he said it has a 75-100 year lifespan. With construction costs we couldnt afford to rebuild what we have and it would be crappier materiels

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am leaning more and more in this direction. I would think any kind of additional sales tax that doesn't include substantial seating expansion would be a non starter.

NDSU can't threaten to move to a different city like all those billionaire welfare queens who demand (and get) new, publicly-funded facilities every 20 or 30 years. The FargoDome is great for what its purpose is... and I've never seen a bright, shiny new stadium that didn't result in higher prices for people wanting to go to a game.

Where would this new stadium be located? The only large open parcels near the current city limits on the north side are west of I-29 or way down south along the southern edge of town. Even building a new dome next to the old one would be a tight squeeze.
    It's OK to not be OK.

WE can just do this to the Seats and clean up the place a bit. https://twitter.com/TechnologyVide0/...566285315?s=20
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I am leaning more and more in this direction. I would think any kind of additional sales tax that doesn't include substantial seating expansion would be a non starter.
    There wont be a sales tax. A tax on hotel rooms

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Where would this new stadium be located? The only large open parcels near the current city limits on the north side are west of I-29 or way down south along the southern edge of town. Even building a new dome next to the old one would be a tight squeeze.
    Dont bring facts into the discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Sobolik was on the radio anf he said it has a 75-100 year lifespan. With construction costs we couldnt afford to rebuild what we have and it would be crappier materiels
    I know they say the building can last that long, and it can..I think the idea being offered is that with modern stadium trends, trying to modify the building itself isn't super practical.

But I'm with Tony, new stadiums mean new expenses for fans. Whatever they do, I'll roll with. Hotel tax seems fine. It ain't gonna stop people from coming to Fargo for whatever event or occasion brings is drawing them there.
    College of Business Alumnus