Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

Default Re: Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Bot you can’t just list off iconic stadiums and then name ours and say they’re the same thing. It’s the fucking fargodome our seats are 60 years old and were bought secondhand from a garage sale in Minneapolis.

The most iconic thing about the Fargo dome is that it’s not actually a dome.
    Even if you dont like the looks, my point was it's one of the best built buildings out there. Rock solid building with a million bricks and a 100 year lifespan. It looks almost the same as it did 30 years ago

If 120 year old buildings can be made to be modern, so can the dome

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The proposal in the Forum story is light on details so I will withhold a negative opinion. That said, I agree with the people saying NDSU is a primary, cost-free, user of the facility, but the interior bowl needs to be addressed.

I had to Google WTF the Minneapolis Auditorium was based on earlier, used seats, comments. I’ve lived in MSP for 20 years and never heard of it.

Post research I’m double horrified. First, that building looked amazing, and it was replaced by the Minneapolis Convention Center, puke. Second, it was demolished in 1988, so who knows when those red seats were actually made. The seats all need to go. Green and gold striped sections, sold!

I’m not saying the interior bowl needs to be US Bank level, but sweet baby Jesus if you spend $140m and don’t fix the actual arena experience you failed the taxpayers. That level of investment will force the building to be in use for another 20 years. The regional draw is the arena. You can put all the peripheral amenities on it that you want, hotel or convention center, it won’t matter if the arena drives the material economic activity.

My pipe dream after seeing the first images would be to consolidate and embrace the fan | student experience in the south end zone.

Sampling heavily from MSP stadiums, like Vanilla Ice from Queen, the south end zone should have…

1. A concourse-level walk-in viewing area, like Target Center and Target Field. All the food and drink areas are behind the concourse level are open to the field. It will create a loss of standard seating but create an end zone-wide party deck.
    2. Replace the lost party deck seating by moving all the student section seating to the south end zone. Then add MN United style Wonderwall seating below the concourse to make capacity net zero.

The remodel is a must because the economic reality of a replacement building is not going to happen based on cost. If a new stadium was going to happen it would have been built 3 years ago, pre-inflation | pre-normal interest rates. Embrace the remodel and make the dome the best it can be with the best fan experience possible.

The FBS won’t care about total capacity if you have a great venue. Average annual attendance is dropping and there are recent examples of renovations eliminating seating.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    If this isn't transformed into a gathering area with alcohol and food with the game on all the TVs during Bison games it would be a huge missed opportunity.
    Sooooooo. about 15 years AFTER it is done. That seems to be our speed.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

disagree. NDSU needs a new stadium with an upper deck with seats being sold for $20 or $25 without donations attached.

gotta get the general public back into these games, we lost alot of them the last 2-3 years just pricing them out with the teammakers forced seat donations and levels, a little greedy, but time for a new stadium
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    disagree. NDSU needs a new stadium with an upper deck with seats being sold for $20 or $25 without donations attached.

gotta get the general public back into these games, we lost alot of them the last 2-3 years just pricing them out with the teammakers forced seat donations and levels, a little greedy, but time for a new stadium
    GOD!!!! I hate agreeing with you. I don't think this does anything to get new fans in the building... Maybe to see the new lipstick but other than that how does this build your fan base? How does this build a 7 year old kid in to being a life long Bison fan?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    GOD!!!! I hate agreeing with you. I don't think this does anything to get new fans in the building... Maybe to see the new lipstick but other than that how does this build your fan base? How does this build a 7 year old kid in to being a life long Bison fan?
    Its not the building stopping fans.....its Murray St, Central Arkansas ect...

Again...this will not happen as its being sold (at least on here) like its an NDSU first facility, even if you laid out 75 benefits to the avg citizens they will vote no on more tax unless its to put a multi gender bathroom in.

Hope I'm wrong but sorry folks this is just a test to see, we will ultimately get a new hot dog stand and a porta potty

86 the conference center ----- conferences since the 90s have declined big time------ whats left ------why compete with local hotels for conference space. To me that steers well out of non-profit status. That conference center is going to help for nothing for a move to FBS

All vendors should be private -- plus they shoudnt have to pay as much as they do ------ lets get some good fun food vendors in the dome ---- quit raping them sobilik. Think outside the box.

Turn the air conditioners towards the field. I freeze my ass off every time i am in my seat.

Get some decent concerts in that place sobilik.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by shorthairsrus View Post
    86 the conference center ----- conferences since the 90s have declined big time------ whats left ------why compete with local hotels for conference space. To me that steers well out of non-profit status. That conference center is going to help for nothing for a move to FBS

All vendors should be private -- plus they shoudnt have to pay as much as they do ------ lets get some good fun food vendors in the dome ---- quit raping them sobilik. Think outside the box.

Turn the air conditioners towards the field. I freeze my ass off every time i am in my seat.

Get some decent concerts in that place sobilik.
    Untrue, there are huge trade shows that skip Fargo for now Sioux Falls, Omaha, ect..especially the outdoors orientated national hunting and fishing things, which would be a huge draw

Thats why selling this towards an NDSU upgrade is totally wrong and the reason it will fail with the voters

I know most people want to increase capacity, but the seats in the end zones are too close together while the seats close to midfield are a little more comfortable. Adding wi-fi would be another big plus. We use Verizon and are lucky if we can pull up a page with football scores or anything else once the dome is about 3/4 full.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Salvage out the red and blue seats and sell to VCSU to refurb Lokken Stadium.