Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

Default Re: Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Its adding club suites to the top of the dome that overlooks the field. Adds tons of space on multiple level. Thats big donor suites
    Despite being mostly about conventions, I'm really excited for these improvements.

I'm kind of surprised that there doesn't seem to be a plan for replacing the 30yo red and blue seats though.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Despite being mostly about conventions, I'm really excited for these improvements.

I'm kind of surprised that there doesn't seem to be a plan for replacing the 30yo red and blue seats though.
    It will come in time but sort of low priority

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Red face Re: Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

If this isn't transformed into a gathering area with alcohol and food with the game on all the TVs during Bison games it would be a huge missed opportunity.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is a grand slam.
    If your a Fargo first person maybe. I'm an NDSU alum first and I hate it. The Dome is going to get 130 million spent on it and it does absolutely nothing to make NDSU more attractive to an FBS conference. Same seating set up, same crappy suites with their craptastic red seats, same crappy blue seats, and the most important...same crappy capacity. We have to find a way to get 25k+.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    If your a Fargo first person maybe. I'm an NDSU alum first and I hate it. The Dome is going to get 130 million spent on it and it does absolutely nothing to make NDSU more attractive to an FBS conference. Same seating set up, same crappy suites with their craptastic red seats, same crappy blue seats, and the most important...same crappy capacity. We have to find a way to get 25k+.
    If we want to spend a half billion and build new we can get to 25k

It does add a little seating though. Club seats up top on the west. It adds a party deck above the standing room

Capacity will have no role in moving up

Having a modern facilities with amenities will. Having club space, doubling bathroom capacity, and wide concourses are much more important

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Yeah, I'm mixed on it as well. The club seating and new tailgating config with the removal of Albrecht will be kind of cool but this could certainly be viewed as "lipstick on a pig". I'd rather take the 140M and use it towards a long-term replacement for the Fargodome. Dumping this much money into a renovation means there's no chance of that happening anytime soon.

"Build it right or build it twice" is a term that comes to mind here.

If we want to spend a half billion and build new we can get to 25k

It does add a little seating though. Club seats up top on the west. It adds a party deck above the standing room

Capacity will have no role in moving up

Having a modern facilities with amenities will. Having club space, doubling bathroom capacity, and wide concourses are much more important
    I agree that capacity isn’t a major issue in moving up. Maybe 5-10 years ago sure.

Better amenities that draw more fans and more $$ makes a bigger difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

WHAT???? Taking away the South lot where us criminal tailgaters have to park in a parking lot to wait to get into another parking lot that is reserved by us delinquents!!!

Whatever shall we do now!!

this is STUPID. $130 MILLION GETS US 1/3 OF A NEW ON. AMPUS STADIUM OF 40,000 SEATS SEMI ENCLOSED
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?