Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

Default Re: Fargodome expansion meeting, Tuesday, April 18th @11:30, City Hall

Is this a Dome Authority, City Commission, or what group meeting? I don't see anything published about the meeting and wondering if it will be streamed online?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Thanks Matt Larson what a visionary!!!
    You should type in braille so Matt can read it eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I am leaning more and more in this direction. I would think any kind of additional sales tax that doesn't include substantial seating expansion would be a non starter.

I agree. I support improving the dome in any way possible, but if its all cosmetic with no substantial increase in capacity, then we are just spending money to give the illusion of progress. Lipstick on a pig situation, big time
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    You should type in braille so Matt can read it eh.
    LOL excellent
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    I dont know where to begin, some people in this town don't know how to think, it feels like that to me. I have been to so many events in indoor arenas and sat in corporate/business suites, those things are huge money makers, The amount of high profile events, corporate connections, high class women, wine, food and luxury those things attract is unimaginable. Fargodome is a effing cow shed now. Dear chairman please tear down those walls. Build a Fargodome 2.0, Tacomadome of the North.
    Did you ever figure out where to begin?

Quote Originally Posted by northendzone View Post
    Is this a Dome Authority, City Commission, or what group meeting? I don't see anything published about the meeting and wondering if it will be streamed online?
    City of Fargo

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The city is built like the suburbs pretty much everywhere but Downtown. The dome area has some potential since most college kids walk, as do Bison fans. We certainly dont have a parking shortage at or near the dome. A few more skyways and an athletics village could do some wonders

People can walk a bit from April through October, which is still about 60% of the time

I do like the direction were going with mixed use but you can only do so many of those. Although as land gets spendier they may be more common
    Yes, this is mostly a function of land cost. As cities become more dense and have less available land, they tend to become more vertical. Parking decks are more expensive to build than parking lots, unless the land cost skyrockets.

I'm glad we still have lots of space to park and tailgate. Not everywhere needs to look like Minneapolis or Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    City of Fargo
    I'm searching everwhere for this meeting and I dont see it. Not doubting that its happening, but cant find any record of this meeting except for BV.
    3. It's time to go FBS

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    Did you ever figure out where to begin?
    Spending other people's money is always a good place.

I don't like losing open land around the Dome. Limits outdoor events like Ribfest. I'd like to see the numbers on a parking garage in T lot. Student parking on weekdays, Dome events on nights and weekends. Add extra MAT buses during events.

Nothing on the city's website regarding this meeting. I conclude it was a HerdBot dream.

533 In a row