Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Women's wrestling program?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default NDSU Women's wrestling program?

I just read an article about how the NCAA is expected to vote in January 2024 on officially sanctioning women's wrestling. The sport has a ton of momentum right now at the high school level, especially in Minnesota. I would think this would be a natural fit for NDSU and would be a sport we could become nationally relevant in fairly quickly if funded correctly. It would also help out our current unbalanced m/f scholarship distribution ratio. Thoughts?

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU Women's wrestling program?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I just read an article about how the NCAA is expected to vote in January 2024 on officially sanctioning women's wrestling. The sport has a ton of momentum right now at the high school level, especially in Minnesota. I would think this would be a natural fit for NDSU and would be a sport we could become nationally relevant in fairly quickly if funded correctly. It would also help out our current unbalanced m/f scholarship distribution ratio. Thoughts?
    I agree that NDSU would be a great fit for a womens program. IMO Getting in sooner rather than later would make sense too.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

I think we could do really well

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Agree,
    There are a lot (as compared to when my son first started youth wrestling) of girls in youth/HS wrestling on the east side of ND too and NW MN. I think Bismarck/Hettinger and those towns have a few too. Hillsboro's youth tournament they were almost able to get a majority of girls in all female brackets.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This needs some momentum!
    Do we want to be in on the ground floor?
    Or would we prefer to allow the other schools to stack their programs before us so we can fill our roster with leftover scraps?

I think it’s a no brainer to add women’s wrestling. We are in the right geo footprint, relatively low cost and could add value in multiple ways if/when moving conferences/FBS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    This needs some momentum!
    Do we want to be in on the ground floor?
    Or would we prefer to allow the other schools to stack their programs before us so we can fill our roster with leftover scraps?
    Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I think it’s a no brainer to add women’s wrestling. We are in the right geo footprint, relatively low cost and could add value in multiple ways if/when moving conferences/FBS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. We have the potential to be the big dogs.

Good title 9 balance to FBS football or if we ever do teh hockies

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My understanding is that the Jacks are moving forward with women's wrestling. Let's not allow them to get a head start on us!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My understanding is that the Jacks are moving forward with women's wrestling. Let's not allow them to get a head start on us!
    Par for the course... SDSU has absolutely blown past us in just about in every facet during ADML
    tenure. I started this thread a year ago and the ND high school numbers and quality of wrestling has exploded here.

this almost guarantees that our limp "d" AD wont do anything then...sorry he's an empty suite (ML) for those not understanding
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant