Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Women's wrestling program?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: NDSU Women's wrestling program?

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Then it's little wonder we are sucking hind tit to SDSU in everything athletic.
    Not even that good at building shit. Shac is a joke. How about them Fargodome renovations eh?

Lardsin must go!

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For some reason, the mediocrity was tolerable when Bison Football ruled. Those days are behind us, so I imagine it's time to gather the pitchforks & lanterns and circle the wagons!

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

But yeah.... Girls Wrestling....Let's get this ball rolling!

But yeah.... Girls Wrestling....Let's get this ball rolling!
    Mud???????????????????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

For some reason, the mediocrity was tolerable when Bison Football ruled. Those days are behind us, so I imagine it's time to gather the pitchforks & lanterns and circle the wagons!
    Football is not over. Just a break to catch up after covid. That program was decimated because of all the shit going on with uncertainty. They are still outrecruiting everyone in the valley, the valley is still the best conference, and the Bison will return to its gridiron glory.

Wrestling was decimated by losing a coach to a big time school. They are doing well with its depth but lost some key personnel with coaches moving.

Women's bb is moving in the right direction and will have more depth moving forward. 3 games in 3 days or whatever the summit is can be brutal with a short rotation.

Men's bb is the one sport that has the genuine feel of a crapshoot every season. This team looked like it was building towards the conference tourney, but someone misjudged when it was. The conference was there for the taking and just needed consistent play from anyone. I am not a Richman fan and think we have seen everything he is capable of getting out of a team. Let's go full circle and bring back tim miles.

I think it is too easy to blame the AD when coaches have been given resources to succeed and fail. As far as being brought in to build, under ml, NDSU has a new softball stadium, indoor track arena, new outdoor track, improved shac (even if no one likes it), an ipf, improved soccer field, upgraded locker rooms and workout facilities, and the Fargodome doesn't belong to the school so anything with that is a circus.

No one was giving ml credit when football was winning championships, so I'm not sure why he is getting credit when they aren't.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Not even that good at building shit. Shac is a joke. How about them Fargodome renovations eh?
    Yep. We had a 1 opportunity to get essentially a free 100 million dollar upgrade but Matt Larson did nothing. They didnt even have to take a stance on it, which is illegal. All they needed to do is inform Bison fans via social media of the election day and what the vote is for without taking a stance. Totally legal and within the rules. But they didnt and missed a golden opportunity during a low turnout election. Would social media posts, with a reach of 100k people and an email blast have attracted 2,500 more voters to hit 60%. Easily

I'm disapointed in the NDSU Foundation too, who has a list of every Fargo alumni and donor. They could have paid for a mailer or email blast to get the word out

If we are lucky, we will get a second chance. Hopefully in November during football season

The athletic department didnt seem too interested in a no cost massive upgrade. Major failure

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yep. We had a 1 opportunity to get essentially a free 100 million dollar upgrade but Matt Larson did nothing. They didnt even have to take a stance on it, which is illegal. All they needed to do is inform Bison fans via social media of the election day and what the vote is for without taking a stance. Totally legal and within the rules. But they didnt and missed a golden opportunity during a low turnout election. Would social media posts, with a reach of 100k people and an email blast have attracted 2,500 more voters to hit 60%. Easily

I'm disapointed in the NDSU Foundation too, who has a list of every Fargo alumni and donor. They could have paid for a mailer or email blast to get the word out

If we are lucky, we will get a second chance. Hopefully in November during football season

The athletic department didnt seem too interested in a no cost massive upgrade. Major failure
    Just because something is legally right, it doesn't make it morally or ethically right. I am pretty sure NDSU leadership had discussions about how to handle their stance on that issue. Optics are important.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Just because something is legally right, it doesn't make it morally or ethically right. I am pretty sure NDSU leadership had discussions about how to handle their stance on that issue. Optics are important.

There is nothing immoral about informing people about the vote. No different than in 1988. The City shared promotional videos and caught no heat.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    The assistant ad part was real rich. Exactly what Matty needs. More time to drink wine with Richmans wife eh.
    They're just celebrating the win over Oak Hills Christian. It's not every day a program gets a win of that caliber.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    There is nothing immoral about informing people about the vote. No different than in 1988. The City shared promotional videos and caught no heat.
    Sure.