Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: NDSU Women's wrestling program?

Default Re: NDSU Women's wrestling program?

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That's cool.

VanClubPres is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So…anyway, now that tirade is done.

I would love for us to get a Women’s wrestling program. My wife was a wrestler in a time where there was no divisions. I wrestled, my son and daughter wrestle. There were 370 Females at the ND State Folkstyle Tournament. What a change, and I cannot be more proud of the sport.

With that said…damn the men’s team is in dire straits right now and any wrestling money should be spent there. Unfortunate, as two years ago this program looked like it was ready to take on the perennials.
    To the Herd!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VanClubPres View Post
    So…anyway, now that tirade is done.

I would love for us to get a Women’s wrestling program. My wife was a wrestler in a time where there was no divisions. I wrestled, my son and daughter wrestle. There were 370 Females at the ND State Folkstyle Tournament. What a change, and I cannot be more proud of the sport.

With that said…damn the men’s team is in dire straits right now and any wrestling money should be spent there. Unfortunate, as two years ago this program looked like it was ready to take on the perennials.
    I think the school should take a hard look at it. Seems like girls wrestling is growing like a weed in the state and nationally. I haven't a clue on the quality of girls in the plains relative to the national environment, but I bet we could field a competitive team.
    College of Business Alumnus