Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Women's wrestling program?

Default Re: NDSU Women's wrestling program?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Omaha was able to become competitive within a few years. Quinnipiac won the National Championship.
    Fargo Moorhead is hockey town. We have more kids playing hockey, have a shit ton of facilities and even host squirt international. The Force substantially outdraw NDSU Basketball because it's huge. It would take a decade to compete with UND but if Quinnipiac can do it, we can. Just bordering Minnesota will give us talent by default

We should do both. The womens scholarships in wrestling would balance for title 9 too. Womens wrestling will lose money and hockey will be a revenue sport
    I don't think he means we couldn't put a decent team on the ice. I think he means that we would probably never be like UND. The programs would be very different based on tradition, support, etc.

I'd like to see NDSU get a team at some point if FBS isn't in the cards and/or we aren't going to take basketball more seriously.
    College of Business Alumnus

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Keep in mind that money thrown at a hocky program means less for the gridiron program.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Keep in mind that money thrown at a hocky program means less for the gridiron program.
    Not if you tap into new donors and support. Also if we can draw 5,000 a game, that could be a shit load of Teammakers revenue. Enough to where it becomes a revenue sport and the budget is in the top tier. Not UND or Minnesota big but certainly competitive with powerhouse programs like Winippiac (sp)

It would require a big donor to do it right

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I don't think he means we couldn't put a decent team on the ice. I think he means that we would probably never be like UND. The programs would be very different based on tradition, support, etc.

I'd like to see NDSU get a team at some point if FBS isn't in the cards and/or we aren't going to take basketball more seriously.
    SDSU had no tradition and they are currently better in all sports than we are

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    ML wasn't brought here to build programs. He was hired to build facilities. Different ADs have different strengths and his is getting buildings built and the fundraising and project management behind that. I say this not to excuse the lack of program building, but that isn't why he was hired. In a perfect world, he should have an assistant AD whose the program builder.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    lol...wow ok this attitude is why we are where we are in relation to the our "peers"
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    lol...wow ok this attitude is why we are where we are in relation to the our "peers"
    First of all, let's be honest here. No one cares about any other program when football is winning championships. Aside from football, every other program, except MBB, is performing decently. WBB is in a post-season tourney. Wrestling is regrouping from a coaching change. Blah, blah, blah.

So, where everyone is really bent about is football, and that peer institutions have caught up. What did it take for those schools to catch up? Sdsu had spent their entire existence trying to copy what NDSU was doing. They spent 365/24/7 for years recruiting, game planning, and everything else with a single mission, while NDSU is the most dominating program since Bill Russell or John Wooden worrying about the field. For the bunnies to fully catch up and win a championship, it took all of that focus on one program, covid, the transfer portal, and a team pact to stay together. They didn't create a culture, they borrowed one. The f'n hawks hit the perfect game at the perfect time. They haven't caught up. We saw how usd caught up in the playoffs.

The Bison will return to gridiron greatness with the roster they have, and while I like Entz, I'm not bothered by a coaching reset. Especially when it is kind of a throwback to earlier success.

While no one was giving Matt Larson a handy while they were winning, it is his fault they are not? Yes, his strengths lie in facility and infrastructure growth. In the long run, these were things needed, or we fall further behind. The ad is not any reason for peer schools having a couple of good years.

Lastly, I guarantee if we had an AD that was all world at every possible aspect of the job, they wouldn't be here long. Just like every other job in the athletic department of a mid- major program, this place is a stepping stone institution where you are honing skills.

My attitude is keeping things in front of me and seeing things for what they are and not what I pretend them to be.

Sdsu had spent their entire existence trying to copy what NDSU was doing. They spent 365/24/7 for years recruiting, game planning, and everything else with a single mission, while NDSU is the most dominating program since Bill Russell or John Wooden worrying about the field. For the bunnies to fully catch up and win a championship, it took all of that focus on one program, covid, the transfer portal, and a team pact to stay together. They didn't create a culture, they borrowed one. The f'n hawks hit the perfect game at the perfect time. They haven't caught up. We saw how usd caught up in the playoffs.
    All their focus on one program? Have you been paying attention to what they've been doing in every sport? All while trying to catch us on the grid iron. Like 'em or hate 'em, that's impressive...and inexcusable.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The bunnies just opened a new $4 million dollar state of the art wrestling facility. Pretty nice blue print the BiZon should copy. Face it, SDSU has done more than catch up.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    All their focus on one program? Have you been paying attention to what they've been doing in every sport? All while trying to catch us on the grid iron. Like 'em or hate 'em, that's impressive...and inexcusable.
    Then donate more money

Then donate more money

Money is the cause of problems, not the cure.