Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Women's wrestling program?

Default Re: NDSU Women's wrestling program?

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    this almost guarantees that our limp "d" AD wont do anything then...sorry he's an empty suite (ML) for those not understanding
    ML wasn't brought here to build programs. He was hired to build facilities. Different ADs have different strengths and his is getting buildings built and the fundraising and project management behind that. I say this not to excuse the lack of program building, but that isn't why he was hired. In a perfect world, he should have an assistant AD whose the program builder.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    ML wasn't brought here to build programs. He was hired to build facilities. Different ADs have different strengths and his is getting buildings built and the fundraising and project management behind that. I say this not to excuse the lack of program building, but that isn't why he was hired. In a perfect world, he should have an assistant AD whose the program builder.

That's a horrible excuse. A building is worthless without a program to utilize it. A program is weak without good people. In my vision, the AD is primarily a headhunter, seeking out the best qualified people with attention to detail to ensure each athletic program @ NDSU has the best possible odds of achieving their goals.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    That's a horrible excuse. A building is worthless without a program to utilize it. A program is weak without good people. In my vision, the AD is primarily a headhunter, seeking out the best qualified people with attention to detail to ensure each athletic program @ NDSU has the best possible odds of achieving their goals.
    The assistant ad part was real rich. Exactly what Matty needs. More time to drink wine with Richmans wife eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Par for the course... SDSU has absolutely blown past us in just about in every facet during ADML
    tenure. I started this thread a year ago and the ND high school numbers and quality of wrestling has exploded here.
    SDSU is currently better in football, basketball, wrestling, womens basketball, softball and all sports except track and field. Our entire athletics department has fallen behind them

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    SDSU is currently better in football, basketball, wrestling, womens basketball, softball and all sports except track and field. Our entire athletics department has fallen behind them
    And they are doing it with a smaller enrollment.
    Effing inexcusable.
    Obviously someone is falling short of their job performance expectations.

I think we should do hockey since SDSU isn't exploring it. With the tournament in Sioux Falls, mens and womens basketball is handed to the bunnies on a platter

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think we should do hockey since SDSU isn't exploring it. With the tournament in Sioux Falls, mens and womens basketball is handed to the bunnies on a platter
    I disagree. UND would humiliate us in hockey.
    Women's wrestling is the fastest growing high school sport. A quality AD would already be moving forward. This isn't rocket surgery.

https://apnews.com/article/wrestling...8282ea08ca9775

You may not like it, but that is what he was brought in to do.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    You may not like it, but that is what he was brought in to do.

Then it's little wonder we are sucking hind tit to SDSU in everything athletic.

I disagree. UND would humiliate us in hockey.
    Women's wrestling is the fastest growing high school sport. A quality AD would already be moving forward. This isn't rocket surgery.

https://apnews.com/article/wrestling...8282ea08ca9775
    Omaha was able to become competitive within a few years. Quinnipiac won the National Championship.
    Fargo Moorhead is hockey town. We have more kids playing hockey, have a shit ton of facilities and even host squirt international. The Force substantially outdraw NDSU Basketball because it's huge. It would take a decade to compete with UND but if Quinnipiac can do it, we can. Just bordering Minnesota will give us talent by default

We should do both. The womens scholarships in wrestling would balance for title 9 too. Womens wrestling will lose money and hockey will be a revenue sport